Verizon to report 1.85M postpaid net adds in Q4 2014

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Now we know where the $30 upgrade fee is going. You want a phone upgrade at the end of your contract? Pay to get more customers.

Hey, Verizon, something they don't teach you in MBA school, because it's kindergarten-level stuff - make your customers WANT to use your products and services and you don't have to spend money on advertising. Put all that marketing money into unlimited data, phones without bloat, tech support people who are real technicians (oh, yeah, and larger parking lots to accommodate all your new customers) - and your doors won't have time to swing shut.

You can't keep customers away from great products at great prices - and you can't get them to eat used oats no matter how fancy your ads are.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Now we know where the $30 upgrade fee is going. You want a phone upgrade at the end of your contract? Pay to get more customers.

Hey, Verizon, something they don't teach you in MBA school, because it's kindergarten-level stuff - make your customers WANT to use your products and services and you don't have to spend money on advertising. Put all that marketing money into unlimited data, phones without bloat, tech support people who are real technicians (oh, yeah, and larger parking lots to accommodate all your new customers) - and your doors won't have time to swing shut.

You can't keep customers away from great products at great prices - and you can't get them to eat used oats no matter how fancy your ads are.
You can avoid the $30 Upgrade fee by upgrading on edge or full retail.

With regards to unlimited data come back, it isn't going to happen unless Verizon gets a lot more spectrum. There is a reason why the aws-3 auction is going so high. Aws-3 for just one bea is over $6 billion. If you are not familiar, there are 176 bea. In comparison, T-Mobile spent $3 billion for ALL of its 700MHz spectrum from Verizon. And 700MHz is prime real Estate. AWS is no where near as high a demand. Granted, there is a lot more aws-3 spectrum, but comparing $/MHz-pop will show that carriers are spending an arm and a leg to get desperately needed spectrum.

As for phones without bloat, yeah they might get a few more customers but I am sure Verizon already did the calculation of how many more customers they would get without bloat vs how much they make from bloat.

I have used tech support on different carriers and manufacturers. Verizon might not be great but honestly they are on par with the others, from my experience.

Bottom line, clearly Verizon is doing something right. even with 8 "uncarrier" moves so far, Verizon still is getting more postpaid adds .

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Even Verizon XLTE 20+20MHZ is overloaded in certain places. One test was taken at a high load location, another at a lighter load location, both on XLTE with similar signal strength. I am not even in the most populous bea either. 700MHz, forget about it. It is much worse.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420894595318.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420894595318.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 18
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420894605723.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420894605723.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 16