Shortcut to bypass VZW voicemail "information" for each message?

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Is there a shortcut key-press while retrieving voicemails to just skip over "message received at this time on this day from this number for this long" crap every time I get a voicemail?

I just want to dial voicemail - key in my pin and # and listen to whatever voicemails I got without hearing a 30 second dissertation on it.

Anyone else annoyed by this and have a shortcut?

Thanks.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have Visual Voicemail so I just read or listen to the text msg. I got sick of every time checking my voicemail I had to listen to them say something about changing something and then the bit about "to listen to your messages press 1" it was real annoying.

Like you I want you dial in and get my message and be done.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Did absolutely nothing for me :( sick of hearing about my extended message being on and to turn it off blah blah blah. This should be in the personal options not the first thing you hear when you check your VM.

Ladyj171

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
You are my hero. No, really. Like better than Superman, Batman, Aquaman, and the Hulk combined.

It took me over a half hour yesterday to check my voicemails because of her (I get so so many a day). After this little trick, it took only 8 minutes.

Freaking. Super. Hero.

Jim Johnson1969

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Did absolutely nothing for me :( sick of hearing about my extended message being on and to turn it off blah blah blah. This should be in the personal options not the first thing you hear when you check your VM.
Understand your frustration. Hopefully, it worked out for you a second time. I had to pause after each # entry to hear the option name & then proceed. Finally worked! YAY

fragmannyc

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Huh? What does having a flip-phone vs. smartphone have to do with retrieving voicemail and being irritated by the "envelope" information? Are you saying that due to your smartphone, you no longer receive/retrieve voice messages via *86? WTF are you saying? You just trollin', bruh?

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Huh? What does having a flip-phone vs. smartphone have to do with retrieving voicemail and being irritated by the "envelope" information? Are you saying that due to your smartphone, you no longer receive/retrieve voice messages via *86? WTF are you saying? You just trollin', bruh?

With a smartphone you can get visual voicemail. Then you can retrieve all your voicemail via a simplified app. I haven't had to call into my voicemail since iPhone 3GS days!

Posted via the Android Central App

JKSKMLCMC

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Thank you so much for the step by step instructions. This was frustrating me to no end. I called Verizon customer service to find a way to make this stop. I spoke to Wayne. He told me there was no way to bypass the initial message, it is built into the system. I told him I could not be the only person who has complained about this, the "message information" that I had to listen to before each message is often longer than the message itself. I told him that if this couldn't be bypassed I was seriously considering changing my service. He told me it may be the phone I am using (Samsung Galaxy 7). He thought (but didn't want to make a guarantee) that if I would buy a different phone, maybe that would solve the issue. If I had not found this thread, I was going to change carriers.

MacCubbie

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
Synycalwon had excellent steps for Global or ALL On / Off of envelope information.
See below to set ALL or Individula Options to: on / off

Turn off/on ALL Envelope Information:
Press 4 - Personal Options
Press 2 - Administrative Options
Press 4 - Message Review options
Press 2 - Envelope Info (Date/Time)
Or Press 3 to change Individual Envelope Information - See Below
Press 2 - To turn off/on ALL envelope info

Change Individual Envelope Options:
(Note this is a "bit" of a pain to change individually; as you can only change one at a time before you need to go back through the top of the menu(s), but it is doable)
Press 4 - Personal Options
Press 2 - Administrative Options
Press 4 - Message Review options
Press 3 to change Envelope Information
1 Sender
2 Date - Consider leaving on
3 Time - Consider leaving on
4 Type
5 Duration

Then remember to go through one more time to review the status of each setting, and then lastly simply test it on a current VM you have in your inbox.

ryanhturner

Jan 14, 2017
Visit site
This was absolutely A GODSEND....that annoying voice prattling on and on until I could hear my message--good GRIEF!! And yes, if you follow THE INSTRUCTIONS, it works. THANK YOU whoever you are!!!!!!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Had my HTC 10 set up to go directly to my messages and all my previous phones also. Now with my iPhone 7 it no longer works. Furthermore there is no "administrative" option on the menu. Pressing "2' gives an error. Is it different between phones? I don't see why it should be. It seems to me once set for your account it should remain set with any call from any of my devices to my voicemail. So annoying to have to go thru the spiel every time.

Question: If visual voicemail allows me to bypass and go straight to messages what happened to it? When I googled to find out more it says it costs $2.99 but as of July it is no longer available? So what is everyone doing to get rid of this annoying annoyance?

Just remembered I got a new sim with the new phone. That's maybe what kiboshed it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC