How is t-mobile network the fastest ?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but at least Verizon claims are more true then t-mobile. Verizon generally has service everywhere where as t-mobile claims to be the fastest yet I've been in 4 different states plus Washington DC and it never got higher then 40 Mbps. T-mobile can claim what they want but claiming the fastest based off one speed test area over the whole world and claiming it true doesn't make it true. Their network covers the United States of America and if I am in New York , California or New Mexico I expect their "claims" to be somewhat true. If I'm averaging 2-15 Mbps that isn't fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And I've been in NJ and got good speeds. I've been in Jacksonville , Orlando, and Spring Hill and seen 70-100 Mbps in speed. So as said it depends on area. You take the claims and act like if it isn't 100 percent true for you than its false for everyone... Which isn't the case. Just like I had horrible voice quality with Verizon at my house .. That doesn't mean everyone on Verizon has horrible voice quality right ?

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
If one chooses to go ad hominem, they are best served looking at the most recent information.

RootMetrics report quoted: testing done in the second half of 2014. The RootMetrics 2nd Half 2014 US Mobile Network Performance Review | RootMetrics

I have RootMetrics, Open Signal, Cell Mapper, Signal Check and LTE Discovery Apps on my phone that uploads my signal test back to them. Open Signal has the most recommendations and downloads than all the other four combined by multiplied times over.

Open Signal's is the largest Crowd Sourcing Signal Checking App of any of those other Apps many times over. So in my opinion it is much more accurate than RootMetrics. That March of 2014 may be the last report they published but AS OF TODAY--- T-Mobile still shows as the Current Fastest Network in the nation. I have uploaded test this week to RootMetrics, Open Signal, Cell Mapper, Signal Check and LTE Discovery in my area. Open Signal is current data with all crowd sourced test and they get a lot more Crowd Sourced testing uploads each week than RootMetric.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Also what's odd is you like to harp on T-Mobile for a claim but don't call out other carriers. An example of this is ATT claiming the strongest LTE signal but .. If we go by root metrics Verizon is the winner in like every category including overall strength / reliability right ?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Also what's odd is you like to harp on T-Mobile for a claim but don't call out other carriers. An example of this is ATT claiming the strongest LTE signal but .. If we go by root metrics Verizon is the winner in like every category including overall strength / reliability right ?

Because t-mobile is full of liars and I will call them on it.... As I said before they say they abolished contracts but in reality they are hiding behind finance charges which act as an ETF, say they have great customer service but in reality it sucks and I've talked to about at least 30 different people there and probably more and none of them knew how to do anything and still waiting for my bill credit to come back to me. They are saying they are being "Un-carrier" but how really ? By relieving pressure points? They caused all mine and I gladly left them. Saying their system requires to add jump! When you buy a device from them on financed by upgrading or signing up but really is it ? Or are they trying to take more money out of you because most people won't bother taking it off . Really how come Verizon , AT&T and sprint don't "require" you to add optional insurance on your device? I can go on for a while why I hate t-mobile with a passion and why this company is just like the rest but hiding behind the we are pro consumer anti corporate structure baloney. They are just like the rest but hiding behind the we care about the consumer and stuff.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I have RootMetrics, Open Signal, Cell Mapper, Signal Check and LTE Discovery Apps on my phone that uploads my signal test back to them. Open Signal has the most recommendations and downloads than all the other four combined by multiplied times over.

Open Signal's is the largest Crowd Sourcing Signal Checking App of any of those other Apps many times over. So in my opinion it is much more accurate than RootMetrics. That March of 2014 may be the last report they published but AS OF TODAY--- T-Mobile still shows as the Current Fastest Network in the nation. I have uploaded test this week to RootMetrics, Open Signal, Cell Mapper, Signal Check and LTE Discovery in my area. Open Signal is current data with all crowd sourced test and they get a lot more Crowd Sourced testing uploads each week than RootMetric.

Meh I have open signal and root metrics on my phone and iPad ( cellular) and my iPad gets the stronger signal between my note 4 and iPad. Open signal says I should get 5 Mbps down on average right in my apartment and like 11 with t-mobile. To make it a fair fight considering I never got service in my apartment I've done tests outside my apartment and gotten on average 7-8 Mbps with t-mobile and 13 with Verizon on average. Root metrics app shows a much more accurate number. Open signal map also showed places where I should get great LTE coverage and It was dead spots or little service.

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Using speed tests in the middle on a low populated area and calling true is beyond using a source that supports its position. Using a speed test in a bunch of cities and then averaging them ok but using it in Hawaii or some small city and ignore the big populated ones which have more people on their network is fixing the results ..

Ummmmm Hawaii is a state. And I've gotten 60 before in CHICAGO. My city is the 3rd largest. Like everyone else already have STATED ALL CARRIER SPEEDS DEPENDS ON AREA.

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 🌌

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Ummmmm Hawaii is a state. And I've gotten 60 before in CHICAGO. My city is the 3rd largest. Like everyone else already have STATED ALL CARRIER SPEEDS DEPENDS ON AREA.

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S4

Yeah but Hawaii population is the size of around philly and I doubt all of them are on t-Mobile. That being said Hawaii speeds should be good because not a lot of people are on it in that area similar to how a small city is compared to nyc , LA , Chicago or etc. And as based off their website there is NO CLAIM saying depending on area...just outright saying they are the fastest which is then a lie

d718b3cc7cee0e45d812658956a3b0cd.jpg

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I've been with T-Mobile over 17 years. Several other people I know have been with them nearly as long. This is because we've all had excellent service including terrific customer service. And in our area at least, coverage is very good. LTE speeds vary by exact location of course, but are generally fast to OMG fast. Pricing all these years has always been at worst competitive and sometimes a bargain.

This is just our personal experience and a small sample size. But no one I know has any urge to switch and as for me, I ain't going nowhere.

Closingracer should spend some time looking into AT&T and Verizon's business practices...

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

The problem with Open Signal-type of reporting sources is exactly what you call its strength: crowdsourcing. It relies on the crowd--people who may be testing the network in, for example, 30mbps Manhattan but not 3mbps Yankees Stadium, thereby skewing NYC as a whole. At the very least, people are likely to test where they live and work, not necessarily on the drive in-between--a point John Legere has tried to use in his criticism of RootMetrics and praise of Open Signal.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm using caps lock to get it though your head genius smh. I'm done with u dude u are in your own lil confused world where vzw the best but u can't even break 10mb on your own home smh.

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S4

I can't break 10mbps with any carrier ....lol it's more then crappy company t-mobile where I get 0 Mbps. I'm not confused I just calling out t-mobile and ain't brainwashed in their marketing

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Let's please refrain from back-and-forth bickering. It's OK to disagree with an opinion being presented, but please don't engage each other in a way that is disruptive to this thread. If you don't have anything further to add that is beneficial to this thread then it's best to not post. Thank you.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The problem with Open Signal-type of reporting sources is exactly what you call its strength: crowdsourcing. It relies on the crowd--people who may be testing the network in, for example, 30mbps Manhattan but not 3mbps Yankees Stadium, thereby skewing NYC as a whole. At the very least, people are likely to test where they live and work, not necessarily on the drive in-between--a point John Legere has tried to use in his criticism of RootMetrics and praise of Open Signal.

I had great signal strength at Yankees stadium with t-mobile but I had 3mbps download speeds and even made a thread about it last April or so. Open signal as he said depends on people using the app ... If people aren't using it then if one guy gets 70 Mbps then that's the average even though that might be at 4 AM local time and not the normal speed during peak time or whatever.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I've been with T-Mobile over 17 years. Several other people I know have been with them nearly as long. This is because we've all had excellent service including terrific customer service. And in our area at least, coverage is very good. LTE speeds vary by exact location of course, but are generally fast to OMG fast. Pricing all these years has always been at worst competitive and sometimes a bargain.

This is just our personal experience and a small sample size. But no one I know has any urge to switch and as for me, I ain't going nowhere.

Closingracer should spend some time looking into AT&T and Verizon's business practices...

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

I've been with t-mobile from Err 2003 ish till march 2010. I wanted an iPhone but was willing to wait till my contract was over and seeing if any other smartphone would appear at the time which my contract would of been over in June of that year. I had an issue with a phone which was on insurance and got it replaced. That replacement was broken and had been on the phone for about 4 hours telling them it was broken and needed a replacement free of charge since the replacement was broken upon arrival. I eventually got it but decided about a few days later to leave t-mobile for AT&T for the iPhone and gladly pay the ETF. Oh and I never got service In my apartment and even then speeds weren't great when I had service. Few times I'll get around 20 Mbps but I averaged 2-8 tops or 2-15 depending on area

Went back to them in March 2014 and after 8 months I have had numerous issues with them and still no service at home so decided to ditch them again but had issues with customer service yet again but won't go through that in this thread.

As far as Verizon and AT&T business practices goes I don't love em but they don't try to hide it in ways t-mobile is doing it imo. Oh and isn't sprint the only one in favor of net neutrality out of the four major carriers ?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No complaints here :). This is the highest I've seen in Jacksonville out of all the carriers.

cb03ef1be4c485d0beef004cc7e97f62.jpg

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Meh I have open signal and root metrics on my phone and iPad ( cellular) and my iPad gets the stronger signal between my note 4 and iPad. Open signal says I should get 5 Mbps down on average right in my apartment and like 11 with t-mobile. To make it a fair fight considering I never got service in my apartment I've done tests outside my apartment and gotten on average 7-8 Mbps with t-mobile and 13 with Verizon on average. Root metrics app shows a much more accurate number. Open signal map also showed places where I should get great LTE coverage and It was dead spots or little service.

Funny you said only two weeks ago (2/11) on the Sprint board on Android Central that you have Verizon and was thinking about moving to Sprint. Now you SAY you are on T-Mobile testing the Data speed with Open Signal over T-Mobile not pointing out you are using old T-Mobile results. Even if that was true your one personal data point testing IN THE PAST is almost irrelevant to the overall performance of a cell network. So now the Straw Man is Open Signal is bad in your opinion and Root Metric is more accurate number in your opinion. Well since you say you live in New York if you look at Root Metric's New York City And Tri-State Area 2nd Half 2014 report they also rank T-Mobile #1 in that area in data speed as well as tie Verizon in the overall ranking as tied for #1. RootMetrics RootScore Reports

Last edited:

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My own personal experience with the top three carriers says otherwise.

On AT&T, I could barely get 0.5Mbps at 2AM where speeds should be the best they can be on any carrier.
On Verizon, I could get get 5Mbps.

On T-Mobile, I get anywhere between 50-60Mbps at night and during the day, about 20-30Mbps.

I have had the worst time getting the two top carriers to get me LTE at my house. T-Mobile came through and changed that and I have been with them for over two years now. They get top marks for me.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Funny you said only two weeks ago (2/11) on the Sprint board on Android Central that you have Verizon and was thinking about moving to Sprint. Now you SAY you are on T-Mobile testing the Data speed with Open Signal over T-Mobile. Even if that was true your one data point testing is almost irrelevant. So now the Straw Man is Open Signal is bad in your opinion and Root Metric is more accurate number in your opinion. Well since you say you live in New York if you look at Root Metric's New York City And Tri-State Area 2nd Half 2014 report they also rank T-Mobile #1 in that area in data speed as well as tie Verizon in the overall ranking. RootMetrics RootScore Reports

Straw man ? Lol ok whatever you say but t-mobile sucks and I wish they get bought up or disappear like the dinosaurs. They are a crappy company and deserve to disappear.

I had crappy t-mobile until November and how is it irrelevant ? Open signal says I get 13 Mbps with t-mobile , 7 Mbps with Verizon and 5 Mbps with AT&T yet those numbers are completely wrong. I've done tests outside and on average I've gotten 7-8 with t-mobile if I'm outside of my apartment , 9-13 Mbps outside with Verizon , and 16-25 with AT&T outside.

I'm considering moving to sprint simply because Verizon is $144 a month for me alone and sprint would be $100 tops including taxes. Probably going to stick with Verizon though for the time being

I have also been in t-mobile section quite a lot and thank god I left this horrible company because they don't know how to even operate a customer service department because they couldn't do anything and took me 3 months to leave them and I am still waiting for my money back.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary