Unless it's Verizon Branded, you might not get the $15/25 monthly discount.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Unless it's Verizon Branded....

This is nothing new. Verizon doesn't consider any phone that doesn't have their official approval to be compatible,even if it would work on their network.

But to be clear it doesn't have to be Verizon Branded, only officially approved for use by Verizon on its network. For example, if you bought the unlocked iphone 6 from Apple then you should still get the discount.

" When a customer brings his or her own smartphone, it must be compatible with the Verizon Wireless network. "

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Not funny haha funny, just interesting that Verizon hasn't been giving the $25 discount on the month to month, because the N6 isn't a Verizon branded phone. But now, they're getting it.

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how true that is. I've got an iPhone 6 I brought over from Sprint, and I'm getting the $25 rate. I did buy it retail at an Apple store, not sure if that makes a difference.

redsandvb

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unless it's Verizon Branded....

You may not get the 'Month to Month' $25 discount.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-6/484075-verizon-month-month-discount.html

Posted via the Android Central App

This is nothing new. Verizon doesn't consider any phone that doesn't have their official approval to be compatible,even if it would work on their network.

But to be clear it doesn't have to be Verizon Branded, only officially approved for use by Verizon on its network. For example, if you bought the unlocked iphone 6 from Apple then you should still get the discount.

" When a customer brings his or her own smartphone, it must be compatible with the Verizon Wireless network. "

So having said the above...

Has anyone with the Nexus 5X gotten (or not) the $15/$25 out-of-contract monthly discount?
Hmm, maybe I should ask this in the 5X forum instead...?
Anyway,
Thanks!

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
You may need to call them. I just did for the mxpe. They weren't terribly apologetic but did say they would credit me two months of $25 on the next bill. We'll see...

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
And I just had to call them again because they had not credited it even after I called and said they had. What a bunch of scam artists. 25x many months x many people=a lot of money

redsandvb

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the follow up.

I remember being able to add the monthly discount online at VZW's website, but that was a long time ago and for one of 'their' phones. I'm guessing you already tried looking through your account online?

down1plus2

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I had a Nexus 6 I bought from Tmobile, and I got the discount every month with no issues on Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1