contract or edge or buy full price

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Okay everyone I have gotten many different answers on this subject.. Sayang go into a Verizon store and decide I want a new phone maybe a samsung galaxy note 4. Note I am NOT in the market for a new phone just wondering. when I am looking for a new phone I don't think 3 auction what is the best way to go. I understand how contracts work I am in one right now. I kind of sure how it works but not really here's how I understand it. you buy iphone you put down a certain amount of money and then you make monthly installments. The part that I do not understand his house first of all you have to get in your old phone to be able to do the edge program making Verizon extra money. Also from what I have heard if you decide to edge on another phone after that say two years later you will have to give in the other phone to Verizon and they don't give you anything for it. This makes no sense to me as if I spend money on something I should get to keep it not turn it in after I'm done using it. I believe AT&T plan is little bit better. they told me on the phone but after it is paid off with their next program in the phone is yours to do with what you like. Can anyone explain this to me as people have done or tried to do before but it is still not 100% clear what is the best way to go as far as overall it will end up being the cheapest. use an example for a high and phone with a galaxy note 4 and then also a cheaper phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
As I explained before, it depends on your situation. Sometimes edge will be cheaper, other times, contract will be cheaper.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Verizon and AT&T are the same with this program. If you make all the payments the phone is yours. They brand them differently.

You only turn your phone in on edge if you trade it in early.

If you decide to go into edge from a contract you must turn in your current phone. You can probably make any other smartphone your "current" phone.

If you are on the 6gb plan the majority of the time edge is the better deal.

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
As I explained before, it depends on your situation. Sometimes edge will be cheaper, other times, contract will be cheaper.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

I just want to make sure i got it. If i get it and pay off phone and get a new one do i get to keep old phone?
Thanks
Wanted to make sure it is not a rip off.

Posted via the Android Central App

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Ok great thank you somebody gave me wrong information and said that when phone is paid off and I do another edge agreement have to turn phone back in. This makes more sense to me the other way sounded like a total rip off. thank you very much.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The phone is yours once you sign up and keep service for more than 15 days. Your simply paying it off over time with 0% interest. Edge just allows you to upgrade your phone once 75% is paid off, then you give back the phone and sign a new edge with a different phone.