bad calls

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Why is it sometimes when I call a phone number
Is all crackly and sounds like crap. this happens at least once a week and I always have good service. this has happened since before I can even remember but seems to be more frequent lately as it used to be several years ago.

Posted via the Android Central App

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking something of the sort. I did not know if it has something to do with the CDMA network. I have not used many other carriers very extensively but I had never seen this problem anywhere else.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You might want to keep a journal of the location you're in when the bad reception occurs. You might find a correlation between where you are when it happens and that would then tell you that you're in a poor reception area.

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
As I said before it happens to me randomly and has happened in different locations. Most of the time when it happens I have three or four bars of service it could even be full. I honestly don't think it has anything to do with the service because when I hang up and call back because just fine. if I had one bar of service this would make sense but not with four or five. They call is not choppy like it is one bad service but it has a very loud hissing crackling sound in the background.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It can happen on any carrier -- I know I have had it happen to me on every carrier (the 4 big ones). It is just a bad connection at start up.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Common problem when on the road moving. As you move along your phone will switch cell towers to keep you connected to the (hopefully) strongest signal available. Sometimes the transfer doesn't occur right away this toy hey further away from signal and less call strength. This also happens with data.

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech