I heard a rumor that you could run a GSM sim in a verizon phone.

I just tried putting my att sim into a casio Commando 4G /LTE phone and it kinda sorta works. Phone and text work fine, but no data. Is there a setting I can change for this to work, or does it just not work at all?

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-17-2015 04:12 PM
    I heard a rumor that you could run a GSM sim in a verizon phone.

I just tried putting my att sim into a casio Commando 4G /LTE phone and it kinda sorta works. Phone and text work fine, but no data. Is there a setting I can change for this to work, or does it just not work at all?

Thanks

Change your cellular setting to either global or LTE/GSM/UMTS. And check your APNS and set to IPv4 / IPv6. Yes, many people doing just that. Not all phones, but certainly Nexus 6
    04-17-2015 04:25 PM
    Change your cellular setting to either global or LTE/GSM/UMTS. And check your APNS and set to IPv4 / IPv6. Yes, many people doing just that. Not all phones, but certainly Nexus 6
    I found a site discussing this. I can post it later. I don't have the phone with me right now. When I went to apn under settings, there wasn't anything to change. The page is blank...

Oh, and I also tried changing setting to global, LTE, GSM etc. Nothing helped.

Thanks

04-17-2015 04:39 PM
    The only 4G band the phone has is band 13. AT&T almost universally uses band 17 for 4G. Since the phone doesn't do band 17, you won't get 4G. (There might be some modding you can do - check on XDA Forums.)
    04-17-2015 06:02 PM