Hey all. I recently jumped ship from Verizon to T-mobile, and signed up for the $60 postpaid plan. I'd like to switch to the $30 prepaid plan, however I want to make sure I keep my number AND do not jeopardize my ETF reimbursement. When I switched, I bought a phone outright, so no phone financing to worry about. I bought a crappy phone to resell on eBay just to satisfy their terms.

Additionally, I bought a used Note 4 (will ultimately be my daily driver) which is on it's way to me. Yesterday I also bought a .99 SIM, which is also on it's way to me. Currently using crappy phone on my $60 postpaid SIM.

I plan to stay on the $60 plan UNTIL I get my final VZW bill, submit, and get the cash card from Tmo representing my Tmo reimbursement.

From there, how to I convert my postpaid plan to prepaid? I'll have an extra un-activated SIM and will be bringing my own phone. Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks.
    04-21-2015 08:45 AM
    I did this before. I made sure I had an extra sim card to sign up online to get the $30 plan.

Just sign up for the $30 plan online and during the signup process, it will ask if you want to port a number. Give it the current phone # that is on your $60 plan and complete the sign up. The phone number will automatically work on the new $30 plan. It's very easy to do.
    mikestorm likes this.
    04-21-2015 09:09 AM