reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
My new bill with BYOd from Verizon is $87.00 a month. I was hoping this would be a complete game changer. It would cost me $80.00 before tax to use Sprint and TMobile networks. Blah

Posted via the Android Central App

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
$80 would be 6GB of data. That's quite a bit unless you tether a lot. Do you really need that much? And did you get the part about if you pay for more than you use you get the difference back as a credit on your next bill?

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
$80 would be 6GB of data. That's quite a bit unless you tether a lot. Do you really need that much? And did you get the part about if you pay for more than you use you get the difference back as a credit on your next bill?

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Seemed like a good idea until the cost came out.. I use T-Mobiles 2 lines with unlimited everything for $100 per month and I alone use 10 - 12 GB per month in data and then my wife usually uses 2 - 3 GB... for my wife alone it wouldn't be a bad deal at all... and I don't tether at all.... My data usage is mostly streaming music while out jogging or cycling where I have zero access to WiFi...

kidwelsh

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I am feeling the same way. I have the oneplus one on straight talk and my bill is $48 after tax.... A little cheaper than normal because they give you a discount if you sign up for automatic payments..... On top of that, they just recently upgrading me to 5GB of data for no extra charge for being byop user. The equivalent plan on Fi is $90 after tax.

Posted via the Android Central App

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I can see where this really works if you're in and around a lot of free wifi.
In that case you'd be using way less cellular data and that's where the Google Fi seems to shine. Once you get up into needing 8gb of cellular data, it isn't as competitive. - yet.

Moto-Edge

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Seemed like a good idea until the cost came out.. I use T-Mobiles 2 lines with unlimited everything for $100 per month and I alone use 10 - 12 GB per month in data and then my wife usually uses 2 - 3 GB... for my wife alone it wouldn't be a bad deal at all... and I don't tether at all.... My data usage is mostly streaming music while out jogging or cycling where I have zero access to WiFi...

But T-Mobile has unlimited music streaming that doesn't count against your data usage. I can stream tunes 24 hrs/day without dipping into my data one iota. You should look into that. It's called, "Music Freedom". Free Music Streaming & Downloads with Simple Choice Plans | T-Mobile

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
But T-Mobile has unlimited music streaming that doesn't count against your data usage. I can stream tunes 24 hrs/day without dipping into my data one iota. You should look into that. It's called, "Music Freedom". Free Music Streaming & Downloads with Simple Choice Plans | T-Mobile

I have unlimited LTE data with T-Mobile.... My device will say 12 gig of data used by my bill will say 7 or so because they don't count the music streaming but I have truly unlimited LTE so either way it's irrelevant on my plan.... Could be a big deal if you are on one of the capped LTE plans on T-Mobile.... My comments on the cost were directed at Project Fi not T-Mobile... The idea and concept of it seems cool but not when I take into account my usage.. I'd spend way more vs T-Mobile....

Schoat333

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
It's definitely not for everyone. It more for the people that are stuck paying for the 2-3GB plans because they are afraid the will go over. Heavy data users have likely already found their cheapest plan.

Also, don't forget this is kind of a pilot for Fi. the prices and plans may change at some point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463