Verizon is voiding my warranty!!!!!

htceris1004

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
So I just got off the phone with Verizon and they want to charge me $50 to swap my phone under warranty because I purchased it off someone and not directly through them.

I have purchased the Eris, all my blackberry's off of eBay and never had a issue with exchanging under warranty when something went wrong, but with my DROID they are being very RUDE. I have been with them for 8 years paying $160/month and I get treated like this!!

I'm so angry!!

The phone should remain under the 1 year warranty no matter who owns it.

Is this happening to anyone else??

Any input would be great.

DobieG#AC

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
just go into a store and try to swap it. after my old moto e815 crapped out my friend gave me her's. it had a broken hinge - took it to vzw store and they swapped it for a FRU one, no questions asked. might be worth a try.

htceris1004

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I plan on doing that. However I am sure they noted my account. I also spoke with the supervisor.No help.

I have the original receipt that the last owner purchased the phone out right directly from the Verizon store. Hope it helps.

Thanks

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Evil, corporate, capitalist pigs. Power to the people!!! Rise against the establishment.

Wait, Motorola's has captured all of my keystrokes and is remotely disabling my device. They're in cahoots with Verizon and big red is in the process of extending my Contract.

What I meant was, I'm sure Motorola and Verizon will make every effort to please their customer as they always have and always will.

Dr. Tyrell

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
Why are you mad at Verizon? Blame Motorola...
The phone was sold by Verizon originally, it is tied to them, and any action has to be taken through them. If they want to retain customers they need to step up in these situations, not try to gouge another $50 on a technicality. They are just being greedy, is all, which is a rotten--and stupid--way to treat a long-time customer. Sure, the persistent customer can keep trying different people and departments, but the point is they should not have to.

Sprint did something similar to me in 2008 with a Palm phone, and I got so mad I dumped them (as did millions of other customers). I do not understand why we--"smart" phone users--put up with the carriers and their predatory practices.

I like what Google is doing: sale the phone directly and let the customer choose the carrier. The next steps are universal phones that work with any network, and apps that are independent of the carrier. The carriers will be left to simply sell and maintain network capacity.

gvillager

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
The phone was sold by Verizon originally, it is tied to them, and any action has to be taken through them.

Warranty service can be obtained via the manufacturer. You don't need to go through the carrier. Verizon simply acts as a middleman between the customer and the manufacturer as a courtesy.

I like what Google is doing: sale the phone directly and let the customer choose the carrier. The next steps are universal phones that work with any network, and apps that are independent of the carrier. The carriers will be left to simply sell and maintain network capacity.

I like this plan too.

BTW, have you read the warranty on the N1?

This Limited Warranty is subject to the following terms and conditions:

1. This Limited Warranty is given only to the original purchaser of the Product.

I doubt Google/HTC will be making a lot of warranty exceptions for those that are in the OP's situation.

R

Roy Aguilera

I bought my wifes 2 previous bbs of people and had no issues with getting covered by the warranty. This might be a new policy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane