Verizon S4 on Straight Talk, what are my options for getting it to work?

A

AC Question

Okay so I have a Verizon Galaxy S4 that I've tried to use on ST. They said they could not activate it through their Verizon services because I did not get service at my residence. If I flash it to ST will that work or what are my other options?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: How can I use Verizon Galaxy S4 on Straight Talk in my area?

Okay so I have a Verizon Galaxy S4 that I've tried to use on ST. They said they could not activate it through their Verizon services because I did not get service at my residence. If I flash it to ST will that work or what are my other options?
Firstly, you need to have the device unlocked. Secondly, you need to make sure the Straight Talk plan you choose supports the following:

GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

If you get that far you will be highly limited in the type of service you get. For example, only 2g data and not HSPA or LTE. Also, you'll need to get through the Verizon redtape in order to unlock it. If you get that far, you can try and get Straight Talk to activate it if they provide service in your area. If not, then you 'll need to search for another network and possibly a new phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech