02-17-2011 09:10 PM
97 1234
tools
    The iPhone is going to give Verizon too much power. I bet anything their 4G LTE smartphone plans will rape your wallet.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    01-09-2011 10:09 AM
    Keep. Preaching. Brother I hate the i****

Sent from my Htc Incredible using Tapatalk
    01-09-2011 10:11 AM
    I know a few people that like iphone for the looks and wishes it had Android OS on it.
    01-09-2011 10:24 AM
    The iPhone is going to give Verizon too much power. I bet anything their 4G LTE smartphone plans will rape your wallet.

I can almost guarantee the iphone won't have LTE service, so they'll have to tone down the wallet rape if they want the LTE phones to sell.
    01-09-2011 12:45 PM
    I know a few people that like iphone for the looks and wishes it had Android OS on it.
    Same here!
    01-09-2011 01:17 PM
    Android will be fine. I think blackberry is who should be worried.
    01-09-2011 01:17 PM

VZ already has the power they are the nations largest wireless company and they got that way because of their network. What power did ATT get from having the Iphone over the last 3 years?
    01-09-2011 01:23 PM
    What power did ATT get from having the Iphone over the last 3 years?
    A ****load of $!
    01-09-2011 03:48 PM
    A ****load of $!
    Again, 2nd to VZ and apparently any money they did make was not put into upgrading there 2nd rate 3g network...
    01-09-2011 06:09 PM
    Android will be fine. I think blackberry is who should be worried.
    As much as I used to support bb, I don't think they will last to be in the top 3 just because many companies are making their email other device user friendly.
    01-09-2011 06:20 PM
    A couple of things come to mind.

Verizon simply wants a piece of every pie.

Verizon works and droid does.

AT&T always has and always will suck.

There are herds of android phones and more all the time.

A herd of android pads are emerging as well.

Android is wide open.

There is only one iphone & ipad.

Apple is its own worst enemy in terms of being restrictive

I doubt Steve jobs will get a patent on smart phones.

Apple depends on Steve Jobs and he is a transplant recipient. (cold but true)

Android depends on no single person.

Look way down the road and what do you see?
    01-10-2011 10:47 AM
    I am somewhat surprised by all the iPhone excitement at my office today. The iPhone seemed outdated when I got my EVO back in June. And from everything I've read, Verizon's version actually has less features than AT&T's version (no simultaneous voice and data for example, even if it's a limitation of the Verizon network, and not the phone).

I've never understood the iPhone hype (even before I bought an Android phone), but I guess it's the power of the sheeple. Even if I explain how it's on 3G only and no voice/data at the same time (along with all the other pro-Android stuff), people don't care. They just want an iPhone.
    01-11-2011 11:31 AM
    It is just sick with this iphone hype. Why all this hype over outdated technology?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    01-11-2011 11:33 AM
    01-11-2011 12:33 PM
    This may have already been said. Didn't read all the posts.

I think the iPhone coming to Verizon is great. Up until now there was very little competition for Android, or iOS for that matter. Strong competition from Apple will only force(even more so then they already have) Android and other manufacturers on Verizon to continue to produce great top of the line devices. Competition is a good thing for consumers. I say bring on the iPhone 4(and future iPhone models) to Verizon. It'll just make everyone else stay on their toes and not get too comfortable.
    01-11-2011 02:07 PM
    This may have already been said. Didn't read all the posts.

I think the iPhone coming to Verizon is great. Up until now there was very little competition for Android, or iOS for that matter. Strong competition from Apple will only force(even more so then they already have) Android and other manufacturers on Verizon to continue to produce great top of the line devices. Competition is a good thing for consumers. I say bring on the iPhone 4(and future iPhone models) to Verizon. It'll just make everyone else stay on their toes and not get too comfortable.
    Agreed. I think much of that Apple has done already with the first iteration of the Iphone. If it weren't for them who knows where Android and device manufacturers would be today. Certainly, not at this stage. Its taken years for them to catch up.

I give credit to Apple and the creation of the Iphone. I think they will always push the envelope when it comes to technology advancement.
    01-11-2011 05:02 PM
    My babysitter says all of the kids in high school have droids and blackberrys. Iphones are total mom phones.
    01-11-2011 06:10 PM
    I've got an iTouch and iPad. These things seem low tech compared to my Droid X. But got the iTouch as my music device and later the iPad as a tablet utility. Apps are better on Apple but Android is catching up. I hate the sea of icons on those devices....the desktop on Android is greatness. Have no interest in the iPhone being familiar with both OSs. Not to mention that I really like the big screen X.
    01-12-2011 09:57 AM
    I'm switching from a VZW BlackBerry to Android. iPhone looks ok, but I've used my parents and it's not for me.
    01-15-2011 01:06 PM
    I haven't touch my iPod Touch in weeks since I got my X. No need. I'm only going to use it for when I'm on the plane to watch a movie so I don't kill my DX's battery.
    01-15-2011 03:08 PM
    So the music on Androids is good? I have 200 or so songs on an SD card in my BlackBerry. Hopefully I can just move the card to the new Android.
    01-15-2011 06:06 PM
    If you get a decent media player app like power amp that has eq capabilities. The stock player is very week in that regard and it's apparent in the sound quality of the stock player. However, power amp sounds better than my old iPod.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    01-15-2011 06:17 PM
    So the music on Androids is good? I have 200 or so songs on an SD card in my BlackBerry. Hopefully I can just move the card to the new Android.
    I find that the music quality on the stock player on my Droid X is fine for me. It is much better than my old BB Storm. You can just move the SD card and it will work, but it is better to format the card and move your music back on it. I just use a card reader to load my SD card and very rarely connect my phone to my laptop.
    01-15-2011 06:35 PM
    Thank you both for the advice. I use the stock player on my BlackBerry and it's fine for me. I'll give the stock Android a try first, and try an app if needed.

I don't have a good PC so I hardly ever use it. I like the ability to backup Android phones OTA using google.
    01-15-2011 06:43 PM
    One thing I did notice was that some sound files did not sound clear. Thought it was the phone but re-downloaded a higher quality audio file and it was perfect after that. 128kbps should be the lowest for an audio file for good quality for the phone.
    01-15-2011 07:57 PM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD