02-17-2011 09:10 PM
97 ... 234
tools
    I think having the iphone on vzw is nice, AT&T users finally have a choice to be on a best network.

Different strokes for different folks.
    02-01-2011 09:12 AM
    Droid, Droid 2 and X.
    I tested both the latter, a coworker still has the original Droid.

A support staff that rooted a new phone just to lock them down doesn't make much sense.
    It would void any and all warranty..

That's like buying a new car and putting a chip in it to make it go faster...and voiding the warranty right out of the box.

I am comfortable with the BB, no doubt. But i'm very bored with it's technology and interface. I am more concerned with how well it does messaging first and foremost. The better browsing is a no brainer on anything but a BB
    Are you worried bout the warranty?
    Does your company buy OEM copies of software for your PC's
    02-01-2011 11:52 AM
    Is this a joke?
    They'll still have to pay around $400-500 for the iphone. They get $200 off the retail price.

If you could show me where it says VZW is going to get a 5 in June AND it'll be on LTE...everyone and their brother will wait.
    This is in keeping with apple's trend of releasing a new iphone every May-June. Since Apple is now partnered with Verizon, it only makes sense that Verizon will get the next iphone as well as AT&T. It may not be terribly different from the iphone 4, though, and since Apple does not like incorporating new technology in iphones (it took a few generations for the phone to even record video), I highly doubt it will have any LTE support. A dual core processor may happen, but I guess we'll see.
    02-01-2011 12:13 PM
    I don't think you get the 5 on big red until december.
    I have a feeling that ATT will have first rights and they offset each other 6 months or so.
    02-01-2011 12:15 PM
    Are you worried bout the warranty?
    Does your company buy OEM copies of software for your PC's
    Yes. If they hose a phone, etc., they need to get it replaced/repaired under warranty at a Verizon location...what are they gonna say? Sorry, you rooted it...warranty void. Am I worried about my phone? No. Worried about a rooted phone in the hands of a field user...of course.

And yes...we buy OEM windows and Office for all of our company owned computers.
    We are not big enough to have VLAs be beneficial for us.
    02-01-2011 12:19 PM
    Yes. If they hose a phone, etc., they need to get it replaced/repaired under warranty at a Verizon location...what are they gonna say? Sorry, you rooted it...warranty void. Am I worried about my phone? No. Worried about a rooted phone in the hands of a field user...of course.

And yes...we buy OEM windows and Office for all of our company owned computers.
    We are not big enough to have VLAs be beneficial for us.
    I getcha I was thinkin lock it down and keep a nand back-up, if the user broke it weekly paycheck deductions. Your worried bout manufactures defects then.
    02-01-2011 01:07 PM
    Nope...I setup the phone initially and rarely see them after that.
    If they have issues, normally it goes to a Verizon store for replacement (all on BBs now, BTW)

Like any other company...(or relative, etc.) I have experienced users, users that know just enough to get in trouble and users that can't find the shift key on the keyboard (yes...either of them...lol)
    02-01-2011 01:39 PM
    Lol true, my screen wont turn on plug it in and charge dummy
    02-01-2011 02:11 PM
    The iphone will be great for users that don't want to have to think about using their device. I will always like the flexability that I get with android.
    I concur. I believe just like intimacy the iPhone is overrated.
    02-01-2011 02:34 PM
    To answer the original question, I concur with an earlier post: this is good for consumers.

While I do believe that Apple needs to guard against saturation (remember how the RAZR hurt Motorola?), I think that competition is good for me. It forces Android manufacturers to stay ahead of the curve to stay in business.
    02-01-2011 02:46 PM
    I for one will be switching ordered mine right away. As I have read and stated elsewhere I really like the Android platform on the right phone every other day I want a different phone. I am tired of different batteries and external and bump charging, just as much as I tired of the battery pull on my BB's. I am also tired of carrying an Ipod, a Dinc, another phone when I travel, (because I won't buy Motorola)So I will go against the grain of this thread and say I for one am HAPPY, cause the only thing worse in cell phones than Motorola is ATT in my opinion.

I may be back, but I am leaving my phone behind, I got a good price for it though, so the money from it and battery makes it a wash with a 32G Iphone 4.
    02-03-2011 09:02 PM
    Yes, the Iphone on Verizon will hurt Android sales. I was just in a classroom with a bunch of older, education majors. They were all talking about the Verizon Iphone, and one of them had an Ipad. My brother and parent's are also excited for the Iphone on Verizon. It does seem that most people were just putting up with Android because they didn't want to switch carriers.
    02-04-2011 04:45 PM
    IPhone fastest selling phone so far in Verizon's history. Good luck with your iPhone but don't use older chargers. It will give you a warning overheating message. I can listen to music, make calls do what I need to do on the stock battery and no bump charging. Plus I don't have a proprietary charging port. I actually love the screen but not the form factor. 3gs was better.
    02-04-2011 05:06 PM
    I was actually surprised at how little advertising the verizon iphone has been getting (live in nyc so that's my tv exposure), and i'd just like to add, the verizon iphone will be awesome... for my mom.
    02-04-2011 05:06 PM
    And how many people will turn around and buy the (potentially) new VZW iPhone 5 in June?

Apple is gonna be rich...
    02-04-2011 05:25 PM
    And....when are the Windows phones gonna come into play?

That being said...Apple has more history and more of a marketing machine behind it.

Droid sales will level off, but not go away.

The bigger test will be in 3-6 months. Once VZW has settled in with the iPhone, the plans have been regulated (data and talk pricing) and the network has really be tested...

If VZW comes out with no network/dropped call issues like ATT has been plagued with....they're gonna be scooped up in a bigger rush once the 5 hits, IF it hits VZW this year. If the 5 has LTE support...blackberry and droid will suffer, IMO of course.
    02-04-2011 05:38 PM
    IMO of course.
    Of course
    02-04-2011 06:02 PM
    And....when are the Windows phones gonna come into play?

Windows? That's funny. Give me Linux any day. Windows and Apple are both huge, and have a following. Apple followers seem like zombies sometimes. The open source nature of Linux, and thus android, will attract the true geeks.
    02-09-2011 06:48 PM
    This may have already been said. Didn't read all the posts.

I think the iPhone coming to Verizon is great. Up until now there was very little competition for Android, or iOS for that matter. Strong competition from Apple will only force(even more so then they already have) Android and other manufacturers on Verizon to continue to produce great top of the line devices. Competition is a good thing for consumers. I say bring on the iPhone 4(and future iPhone models) to Verizon. It'll just make everyone else stay on their toes and not get too comfortable.
    I would have to say that while the iphone is getting some attention right now, there is no way that folks are going to the next iphone from VZ. I like to think that Andoid is going to come out with an even more lineup of phones in the future that will make the next iphone a cheap paperweight. LOL!!
    02-12-2011 09:43 PM
    No. The iPhone will not be the down fall of android on Verizon. Why did they just start selling the iPhone? Oh that's right, because it was something a lot of people wanted. They learned their lesson from the iPhone to to exclude anything anymore.
    02-15-2011 10:38 AM
    No. The iPhone will not be the down fall of android on Verizon. Why did they just start selling the iPhone? Oh that's right, because it was something a lot of people wanted. They learned their lesson from the iPhone to to exclude anything anymore.
    Huh?
    02-15-2011 10:50 AM
    My friend works for Verizon and he has converted so many people to Android phones.
    02-17-2011 09:10 PM
97 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD