Verizon iPhone = Downfall of Android on Verizon?

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
This may have already been said. Didn't read all the posts.

I think the iPhone coming to Verizon is great. Up until now there was very little competition for Android, or iOS for that matter. Strong competition from Apple will only force(even more so then they already have) Android and other manufacturers on Verizon to continue to produce great top of the line devices. Competition is a good thing for consumers. I say bring on the iPhone 4(and future iPhone models) to Verizon. It'll just make everyone else stay on their toes and not get too comfortable.

Agreed. I think much of that Apple has done already with the first iteration of the Iphone. If it weren't for them who knows where Android and device manufacturers would be today. Certainly, not at this stage. Its taken years for them to catch up.

I give credit to Apple and the creation of the Iphone. I think they will always push the envelope when it comes to technology advancement.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I've got an iTouch and iPad. These things seem low tech compared to my Droid X. But got the iTouch as my music device and later the iPad as a tablet utility. Apps are better on Apple but Android is catching up. I hate the sea of icons on those devices....the desktop on Android is greatness. Have no interest in the iPhone being familiar with both OSs. Not to mention that I really like the big screen X.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I haven't touch my iPod Touch in weeks since I got my X. No need. I'm only going to use it for when I'm on the plane to watch a movie so I don't kill my DX's battery.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So the music on Androids is good? I have 200 or so songs on an SD card in my BlackBerry. Hopefully I can just move the card to the new Android.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If you get a decent media player app like power amp that has eq capabilities. The stock player is very week in that regard and it's apparent in the sound quality of the stock player. However, power amp sounds better than my old iPod.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
So the music on Androids is good? I have 200 or so songs on an SD card in my BlackBerry. Hopefully I can just move the card to the new Android.

I find that the music quality on the stock player on my Droid X is fine for me. It is much better than my old BB Storm. You can just move the SD card and it will work, but it is better to format the card and move your music back on it. I just use a card reader to load my SD card and very rarely connect my phone to my laptop.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you both for the advice. I use the stock player on my BlackBerry and it's fine for me. I'll give the stock Android a try first, and try an app if needed.

I don't have a good PC so I hardly ever use it. I like the ability to backup Android phones OTA using google.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
One thing I did notice was that some sound files did not sound clear. Thought it was the phone but re-downloaded a higher quality audio file and it was perfect after that. 128kbps should be the lowest for an audio file for good quality for the phone.

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
If the iPhone releases this year...

?24/7 Verizon iPhone commercials
?Tons of Verizon iPhone ads
?iPhone becomes Verizon flagship device

Honestly, I don't see Android, dual core or even tri core, topping the iPhone if it comes to Verizon.

Besides that, the iPhone is also causing Verizon to make these changes with their plans, prices and upgrade eligibility dates. This phone might end up killing Verizon imo. On a lot of forums, people have already terminated their Verizon service and switched over to other carriers lol.

I'm a 10 yr ATT (Bellsouth to Cingular to ATT) customer and I can tell you Verizon is going to cater to the iPhone users just like ATT has done for the past 3+ years.

All deals, promotions, benefits will be better for iPhone customers.

Now you Android/Blackberry folks on Verizon will feel what we BB and Android folks have been feeling over here at ATT.

And to prove my point:
Recent Verizon phone buyers get $200 toward iPhone 4 upgrade

TinGodz

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm a 10 yr ATT (Bellsouth to Cingular to ATT) customer and I can tell you Verizon is going to cater to the iPhone users just like ATT has done for the past 3+ years.

Now you Android/Blackberry folks on Verizon will feel what we BB and Android folks have been feeling over here at ATT.

And to prove my point:

According to that article, they are not helping out customers with buying an iPhone. If anything they are getting F'd in the A. You have to turn in your old phone and purchase the iPhone at full retail price and receive a $200 Visa card.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Nope, last I heard, iPhone 4 on Verizon has no Verizon bloat, they do it for a few extra bucks with Telenav etc. Droid does BLOATWARE

Sent from my Nexus S

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
If the iPhone releases this year...

?24/7 Verizon iPhone commercials
?Tons of Verizon iPhone ads
?iPhone becomes Verizon flagship device

Honestly, I don't see Android, dual core or even tri core, topping the iPhone if it comes to Verizon.

Besides that, the iPhone is also causing Verizon to make these changes with their plans, prices and upgrade eligibility dates. This phone might end up killing Verizon imo. On a lot of forums, people have already terminated their Verizon service and switched over to other carriers lol.
You must really feel Android is an inferiour product?
Im not worried lol I think it'll be funny when they bing up the yphone

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Nope, last I heard, iPhone 4 on Verizon has no Verizon bloat, they do it for a few extra bucks with Telenav etc. Droid does BLOATWARE

Sent from my Nexus S

This is probably because Apple pays Verizon a sizable sum of money to remove bloatware.

Plus, there's really no guarantee that the iphone won't have VZW bloatware...

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Iphone 4 on verizon= FAIL....

Yep I said it. Why? because those on Verizon will wait until 5 in may if it comes out, so I don't think the numbers will be as high as everybody thinks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

And to prove my point:

:confused: Is this a joke?

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
haha, im still on att with iphone 3g, just waitin for t-bolt. att doesnt really cater to iphone for specials. you cant get warranty or insurance on the phone, if your phone breaks you call apple not att. so were is this catering. yes these are apples terms because jobs is such a control freak. the reason is the iphone is basically like buying a phone directly from manufacturer. this is why there is no bloatware. they dont pre load it. you do with any one of there millions of pointless apps haha

srvac

May 4, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone on Verizon will probably hurt BB more than Android. Android has a similar polished interface and an app store that is getting more and more established. Plus with the lag between Android appearing on VZW and the iPhone appearing has allowed Android to get a large customer base ahead of the iPhone. I bought an Incredible but would have bought an iPhone because I wasn't going from a Storm to a Storm 2 and be stuck for two more years.

But the droids will always appeal to the tinkering types just like Linux. The fact that they will be out in 4g models before the iPhone will help as well. There is some pent up demand for the iPhone on VZW and it is hard to judge what it will be. But it is certainly nice to have a choice.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
VZ and Google are (close) partners and that is something APPLE can't compete with.

Question...
If that were true, why is it the default search engine for VZW phones is Bing?

I don't see the iPhone hurting BB as much as Droids.

BB is a business/Corporate phone. When the ease of use is surpassed with Active Sync vs. BES...droid and ios might have a leg to stand on.
Until then, BB is the choice for business where email, contacts, calendar and security are concerned (remote lock, wipe, etc.)

My bet is at the end of 2011, Verizon will sell almost twice as many iPhones as they have Android phones. And droid phones had more than a year head start AND the first month of 2011.

Wait until next year when more iPhone 4 adapters contract runs down with ATT, iPhone 5 details will be more known/solved, etc.

I'd bet 2012 continues to see iPhones grow and Android stay level if not shrink a bit.

(By the way, I'm a corporate BB user who also supports our mobile users, tested Android and will be testing the iPhone 4 on VZW...I'm not a fanboy of any. I'm a fan boy of usability, reliability, battery life, simplicity, etc.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz