T-Mobile trying to bend me over?

anon(5419168)

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Order an S6 edge 32gb online and phone turned out defective as screen would not rotate. No problem, called them and ordered a replacement but this time figured I would opt for the 64gb S6 edge. They mailed me a regular S6 instead. Called them to cancel but it was too late. No problem, called them and they mailed me an S6 edge 64gb. This one had a screen defect where part of the screen was tore or covered in that black glue under the glass. No problem, called them back and they mailed a replacement, again they sent a regular S6. Called them next morning to cancel it but it was too late. No problem, they mailed me another S6 edge. This one is fine and works with no defects.

Now the problem! T-Mobile can't seem to find all the returned phones at their warehouse. Two S6 edge and two S6 phones don't show up in their system. I'm now looking at fees and eip's of $4201.90 sitting on my account. I have talked to numerous representatives and was to receive a call back from a supervisor on 5-20, no call back was received. I called T-Mobile 5-25 and they assure me a supervisor called that day at 1:30 but my phone has no calls listed in history that day or any voicemail.

I have all the UPS receipts showing T-Mobile received all the phones at their dock, 3 phones at Fort Worth, Tx and 1 phone at Mesquite, Tx.

Does anyone have a suggestion who has had this happen to them or a T-Mobile employee that can offer me some advice to get this issue resolved through T-Mobile. I filed a complaint at the Federal Communications Commission today and received a ticket number.

Any assistance or input you all can provide, will be appreciated. Thanks.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Order an S6 edge 32gb online and phone turned out defective as screen would not rotate. No problem, called them and ordered a replacement but this time figured I would opt for the 64gb S6 edge. They mailed me a regular S6 instead. Called them to cancel but it was too late. No problem, called them and they mailed me an S6 edge 64gb. This one had a screen defect where part of the screen was tore or covered in that black glue under the glass. No problem, called them back and they mailed a replacement, again they sent a regular S6. Called them next morning to cancel it but it was too late. No problem, they mailed me another S6 edge. This one is fine and works with no defects.

Now the problem! T-Mobile can't seem to find all the returned phones at their warehouse. Two S6 edge and two S6 phones don't show up in their system. I'm now looking at fees and eip's of $4201.90 sitting on my account. I have talked to numerous representatives and was to receive a call back from a supervisor on 5-20, no call back was received. I called T-Mobile 5-25 and they assure me a supervisor called that day at 1:30 but my phone has no calls listed in history that day or any voicemail.

I have all the UPS receipts showing T-Mobile received all the phones at their dock, 3 phones at Fort Worth, Tx and 1 phone at Mesquite, Tx.

Does anyone have a suggestion who has had this happen to them or a T-Mobile employee that can offer me some advice to get this issue resolved through T-Mobile. I filed a complaint at the Federal Communications Commission today and received a ticket number.

Any assistance or input you all can provide, will be appreciated. Thanks.

Tweet at Legere.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's frustrating. Continue your efforts to talk to a responsible supervisor, and keep careful details of your phone conversations--time, date, and whom you talked to. Whenever you talk to someone, ask if they are taking notes on the discussion and associating them with your ticket number, so that there is a running record of what's been going on. Let them know that this is so that you don't have to keep explaining your situation over and over again whenever you call back in. Your UPS receipts are important--offer to fax or email them copies of the receipts.

T-Mobile's Google+ account actually seems to be pretty responsive, so it might be worth pinging them there as well.

maduro78

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Damn that's a pretty bad oversight in their part. I understand one phone but all of them sounds like someone's pocketing the phones knowing the customer will take the hit for it

Moto X 2014

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow that is horrible. I would also tweet at John -- tag T-Mobile .. and vent something small like "Really -- I have $4k in EIP due to returns but I have receipts showing returns" or something similar .. and it will get attention most likely.

larrynj

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site

I'm sure they are not trying to bend you over. It's simply a miscommunication. You have proof of delivery, you don't need the FCC or anything else. I'd just call back and speak with a supervisor.

anon(5419168)

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I spoke with another T-Mobile rep today at lunch. She did another ticket to have the warehouse look for the phones. The rep was good at taking the information I provided. I provided each phone model type, color, storage size, the original online order number, and the UPS tracking number. She repeated each of these back to me. Since March 27th this is been a big part of my life, many wasted hours on calls.

T-Mobile wants payment on June 4th. Told them I would pay for my services and the two phone I have with them. I would not agree to pay for their lost, misplaced, or stolen phones. Especially since UPS shows as delivered to them. The rep tried to shift back the burden to me by telling me I'll have to take that up with UPS. I don't think a bonded UPS employee is more at fault for four lost phones that were delivered at the warehouse dock then a minimally, likely under-paid warehouse worker. No disrespect meant to warehouse workers.

Thanks for the responses. I will try each of the suggestions.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure they are not trying to bend you over. It's simply a miscommunication.

One phone, yes. Two, maybe. But four? Hard to believe.

OP, I'd file a Better Business Bureau complaint as well. I had an issue where TMO owed me money, reps I dealt with were useless as ever, and the BBB complaint was responded to by corporate. Needless to say, things were fixed rather quickly after corporate got involved.

Last edited:

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like the BBB complaint may have worked for raino.

Indeed. I got a prepaid VISA card with the amount that was owed. The BBB website has changed since I filed my complaint, but it looks like I might have filed directly against the WA corporate office.

FWIW, the BBB claims to have closed 5700+ complaints in the last 12 months and 25000+ in three years. This is against the WA office, anyway.

And @droidpacman, is a BBB complaint a guaranteed way for the OP to get the charges taken off? Probably not. But the OP needs to try everything before the June deadline lapses and TMO forwards this to Collections. Then it will become a major headache to deal with, especially if his or her credit is dinged.

anon(5419168)

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Received a response from the Federal Communications Commission. The FCC served T-Mobile my complaint as of today. My hope is that T-Mobile has an internal process resolution policy to resolved these formal complaints and are staffed with individuals that have decision making authority. The FCC is requiring response to them in writing, and to me by mail in 30 days from T-Mobile.

I've been happy with T-Mobile service over the years and it is finally getting to be pretty damn good in my area. I been with them since they were Voicestream in either pre or post pay service. The first phone I couldn't live without was a Motorola StarTac. I still remember cracking it open and pulling that antenna out. Picture popping open a Zippo lighter. lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Received a response from the Federal Communications Commission. The FCC served T-Mobile my complaint as of today. My hope is that T-Mobile has an internal process resolution policy to resolved these formal complaints and are staffed with individuals that have decision making authority. The FCC is requiring response to them in writing, and to me by mail in 30 days from T-Mobile.

I've been happy with T-Mobile service over the years and it is finally getting to be pretty damn good in my area. I been with them since they were Voicestream in either pre or post pay service. The first phone I couldn't live without was a Motorola StarTac. I still remember cracking it open and pulling that antenna out. Picture popping open a Zippo lighter. lol

Glad to see it is being worked on! -- Keep us posted :).

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I believe, as long as you have proof that you returned the phones to Tmobile, why is this your problem?..Good luck!

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If, within the 30 days, the response you get isn't realistic (anything other than the removal of the illegitimate charges from your bill, and the removal of any interest - AND removal, not just an explanation, of any notices sent to any credit bureaus regarding the matter), send a written letter, return receipt of the addressee only, marked Personal and Confidential, to the CEO. Advise him of the fact that you have UPS receipts proving that they received the returned phones within the required time, and that if the matter isn't settled to your complete satisfaction within 7 days, you'll be asking that your attorney's fees be included in the judgement you'll be asking to be awarded.

(And you'd pay that $4,200 to be a fly on the wall when he called someone into his office to "discuss" your letter. I heard the CEO of a banking corporation, who wouldn't say "Darn" if he hit his thumb with a hammer, use a few words that would make a sailor blush in a similar situation. No company can afford to buy as much negative publicity as a lawsuit like that, with the press in the gallery, can bring them. [Well, maybe IBM could - they once wrote off an $8 billion "mistake" like it was a dime.])

I learned, many decades ago, from someone pretty high up in the government, that if you want something done, that you have a legitimate right to demand, start at the top. When the CEO issues an order, there are only two responses an employee will give him - "Yes, Sir!" or "Here's my resignation". Even if he tells them to send your bill to his office from now on, no one would even raise an eyebrow where he could see it.

If you don't get a response within 32 days (give the Postal Service a couple of days - they're falling apart - notify the FCC that you still haven't received a response. When their orders are violated, the number "$10,000 per day per violation" appears - that's about the only response they seem to have to someone not doing what they're legally told to do. (I doubt they'd respond with their other response - "and 10 years in prison" - in this case.)

Oh, if you end up owning TMobile, could I please have a couple of unlocked Note 4s (or 5s if they're out by then and still have removable batteries and external SD cards)?

anon(5419168)

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile called me today after work. The caller said they are responding to the FCC complaint they were served and he was from the Executive Response Team. He asked me to email him the UPS tracking receipts. I will forward them tomorrow after I organize them and make it as simple to understand as possible. I want to make sure the proof is linked to each phone order number and imei number in sequence with the UPS receipts.

Maybe we're getting somewhere now and these post can be useful for some other soul later on.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile called me today after work. The caller said they are responding to the FCC complaint they were served and he was from the Executive Response Team. He asked me to email him the UPS tracking receipts. I will forward them tomorrow after I organize them and make it as simple to understand as possible. I want to make sure the proof is linked to each phone order number and imei number in sequence with the UPS receipts.

Maybe we're getting somewhere now and these post can be useful for some other soul later on.

Executive Response Team will get it done. I used to be with T-mobile and if they got involved, my issue was handled quickly and generally had a nice credit for my time spent. I ended up with free service for every month customer service did not correct my bill that they admitted was wrong. I called them for 8 months straight and every month they said they would give credit for the previous months and correct the billing.

Total free service for 8 months is what I ended up with.

anon(5419168)

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Let me share some updates. The T-Mobile representative who made a demand for payment to be made by June 4th and confirmed she would call back on that date to be sure I made payment and to provide me an update to the 4 lost phones, never did call me back. I made a payment on June 2nd just for my 2 phones and service.

I called T-Mobile on the 5th to find out why the representative did not call back and they could not find in the system any notes that she was to call back. I'm not surprised by this news. All they found was a representative that had promised me a call back a few weeks before. That representative called me back a 10:08 p.m. and woke me up. Anyway, I explained the entire issue with four lost phone and explained the FCC complaint and that I had not heard any more updates from the person assigned my issue from the Executive Response Team. This representative told me he never heard of that team. I got firm but respectful with the representative of my opinion of the service T-Mobile has provided and I expected resolution soon.

Today I received a response from Executive Response Team. They explained that all the phones were confirmed returned and all down payments, taxes, and shipping have been credited back to me and my next billing cycle will show these updates. I was told they were sorry for the inconvenience.

I didn't know what to expect, but sorry for the inconvenience was stunning. I am happy the issue appears on the edge of resolution. I am hesitant to believe it is so. The time and energy spent, driving to and from UPS, ink cost, researching a recourse, distractions from work, and the wife reminding me daily why they can't do this to us has been a complete drain.

Tonight, I am cracking open a Highland Scotch Ale and decompressing. Thanks to all that helped.