I saw Clark Howard's article on Scratch Wireless - how you buy the phone and then all your wifi access - phone, text and data is FREE over wifi.

I've had my Coolpad Arise (which they charge a heafty premium for!) for a week now and it will not make a VoIP call on ATT (DSL) wireless, ATT uVerse, or a satellite wireless signal. I CAN receive cell and wireless calls.

I'm getting uneasy about the company. To be fair, they did give me a 30 day pass to use cell access for free. But I'm not impressed with the customer service guy. You can only contact Scratch via email and getting a response (and one that actually addresses the issue) is getting harder and harder. I'm getting the impression I'm being strung along.

So I'd like to know if anyone has had a positive experience. THANKS!
    06-26-2015 04:13 AM
    Yes, use it and love it. The Wi-Fi calling for me (xfinity Wi-Fi at home) and a bunch of spots out of home has been flawless. I've also had great experience with their customer support so I'm surprised to hear otherwise as I found them to respond quick and with real answers. I had the original phone and now moved over to the Coolpad and the call quality is much improved.
    06-26-2015 10:50 AM