Locked or unlocked devices?

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I have 3 lines of service, all under a 2 year contract. Are these devices unlocked? Was thinking about transferring to T-mobile but am not sure if I can transfer the devices to t-mobile. Looking for the most affordable option!

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes all new LTE phones from Verizon are unlocked.
My Verizon moto e 2nd gen is technically not locked but the gsm radios have been disabled. You will not be able to use it on tmobile out of the box but with some hackery, you can get it to work.

With that said most new devices should be ok.

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
T-mobile argued with me today for 10 minutes, saying that Verizon phones are not unlocked, and I would have to either pay off the contract to use our phones on their network, or trade our devices in to t-mobile and buy t-mobile devices? Which doesn't sound correct to me? I am not trying to rip anyone off, just cannot take the nickel and dime charges from Verizon, not to mention how long it takes them to fix mistakes they make on our bill.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
T-mobile argued with me today for 10 minutes, saying that Verizon phones are not unlocked, and I would have to either pay off the contract to use our phones on their network, or trade our devices in to t-mobile and buy t-mobile devices? Which doesn't sound correct to me? I am not trying to rip anyone off, just cannot take the nickel and dime charges from Verizon, not to mention how long it takes them to fix mistakes they make on our bill.

If you have any family members or friends who have T-mobile, you could try putting their SIM in your device and see if it works.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Port the phones to tmobile, pay the final Verizon bill, including etf. That's it. If you don't pay etf then Verizon will blacklist the phones.

Now if you want tmobile to pay etf then you will have to trade in a device (any device) and purchase a new device. But this isn't required if you will pay the wtf yourself

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Try google mobile unlocked web page there is a lot of useful information they might help you with your issue.
They might try to sell you an unlock code for a phone that isn't locked by a sim code, so you might be throwing your money away

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12