My phone is activated couple of days ago and so far very disappointing compared to AT&T. fi support was awesome until I'm activated. Then I called them about the performance issue and they were clueless. I live and work in full LTE area (Tampa airport area, FL) of fi. The support person keep saying it's my area. She was looking at the map and telling me what she's seeing which I can do myself I'm sure this person is clueless. Even at home on my wifi network, I sometime go 'No Service' mode. ookla speed test shows unbelievable performance difference compared to AT&T on my way from home to work through Hway 589. ookla shows it's through t-mobile. I know these area's t-mobile have excellent speed because my friends have t-mobile. Anyone else have the issue?
    Project fi bad reception for voice and horrible internet speed in full green area-netspeedcomparison.jpg
    08-07-2015 10:24 AM
    Have you tried "Clearing Data" for your P Fi app? (probably best over wifi) It will warn you that this deletes the app info, data and cache; immediately thereafter restart the phone - you will then be told the Fi activation was incomplete, and it will complete the activation anew. Takes about 2 minutes.

Helped me with similar symptoms.
    08-07-2015 03:47 PM
    I didn't try this. Thank you for the idea. I will try it tonight over wifi and report.
    08-07-2015 04:05 PM
    Cleaning up Fi data seems helped little bit. Anyhow overall speed is generally way behind AT&T. I'm going to call support once more and see if someone can help. Otherwise Project Fi is not for me
    08-10-2015 11:09 AM
    After experimenting further and somehow google 'learned' some stuff from where I was going, I get some faster connection. But not always. I see lot of time phone is connected to Sprint while T-Mobile is way faster. Same intersection I got 80mbps (yes 80) when I was T-Mobile and next day I got 2 something while connected to Sprint!!. So I have doubts about Project Fi's switching to the fastest carrier claim. I'm also finding switching to wifi is not necessarily seamless. So far I cannot see enough reason to give up my AT&T
    08-12-2015 04:17 PM