Verizon sign new contract to get phone? Any experience with retention department?

Fen11

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I want to apologize before hand because this is going to be long winded and probably confusing. I currently have 5 phone lines, myself, my wife, my three kids, and also have a mobile hotspot, we are paying around $350 a month.

Issue 1: My wife's line is due for an upgrade and she was thinking of getting a phone subsidized while she still could. However, the Verizon rep wasn't very helpful and was giving some very confusing information. The Verizon rep said that it would renew all our lines and force us to keep the contact.

Issue 2: I'm trying to cut costs and spoke about reducing my plan. They basically just wanted me to cut my data package and I would save about $20 a month.

Issue 3: The retention person seemed pretty unconcerned with, well, my concerns. I said I really needed to get my bill lower, and she didn't seem to be helping. I told her about the hotspot how we didn't use it, and said I could buyout the rest of the contract, and save $10 over the next year (pay $110 instead of $120). I said I had been looking at AT&T and T-Mobile and she didn't seem to care, saying people leave all the time. I said you wouldn't need to "winback" people if they weren't leaving.

Issue 4: She said I could go to a month to month plan on the line that is due for an upgrade, saving $25 per month, and I said that wouldn't my daughter be forfeiting an upgrade, which would be worth $400-$500? She said, "sir, I'm trying to help YOU here".

Issue 5: She told me to wait until Thursday and said I might be happier then. How would that change anything? We can't dump the lines still on a two year plan can we? If I could get my bill in the $225 range I could live with it. I live in Tampa and sometimes I have to work in Orlando, but the coverage from other networks per their maps seem good. I'm not in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks in advance, any help regarding any of the issues or all of them is greatly appreciated. I talked to them Saturday and Sunday (finally got retention this day) and am worn out.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can dump the lines on a 2 year plan by cancelling service and paying etf.

What are your needs?

5 x $15 =$75 for 5 smartphones
1 x $20 =$20 for hotspot
$80 for 10gb

If you are on contract then it would be $25 more per line

Fen11

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi! Thanks for the reply. Between the two of us, we maybe use 5 gigs combined per month. Between the three kids, 10-15 gigs. Somewhere between 15 and 20 total for all 5 of us. We got a new router that covers the house better so if I got them to use wifi always it could be less. The lady said we paid about $80 per line and then my wife's discount from her work knocks it down a bit.

My wife lost her job and she has always paid it. She said we need to work on the phone bill, because she figured she will be losing her employee discount, and she told me it was $400 and I :(:'(

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Go into a store. Let them look at your account. Sometimes phone reps are good. Sometimes not. They are helpful in person
Good luck and sorry your wife lost her job

Posted via the Android Central App

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
And don't worry about giving up an upgrade. When you take the upgrade they are charging you an additional $25 per month. So you are more than paying them back for it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol