Will I lose my unlimited data plan even though I use my dad's upgrade?

xxxes

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
will I lose my unlimited data plan even though I use my dad's upgrade?

I've been using unlimited data plan since 2009. All of my family used to have unlimited data plan but now I am the only one keep using it. 2 year ago I changed my phone from galaxy nexus to galaxy s4 without losing UDP. The verizon retail store I visited upgraded my dad's phone to galaxy s4 and changed the sim card so I could get galaxy s4 and my dad got my galaxy nexus (he didn't used to be a smartphone user before we changed)

I was wondering if I can keep using this method. My galaxy s4 has been used for 2years got cracked and I want to change it to new iphone using my dad's upgrade when it comes out.

Here is my plan.
He upgrades his phone (he is currently using iphone 6plus) to iphone 6s and then uses it a few days and gives me (like 3rd party) and he returns to his iphone 6plus. (This is what the verizon retailer did 2years ago when I changed to galaxy s4)
Is it still working?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: will I lose my unlimited data plan even though I use my dad's upgrade?

If I am understanding you correctly, he is on tiered data, and is using his upgrade to get a phone. If so then you can use whatever phone he gets on your line after he activates it on his line.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5