Does google play music and Google movies count against project fi data usage?

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Before I jump to do a 30 day test with project fi, wanted to know if Google counts googles own music play and Google movies against your data plan or is it free like tmobile? Reason is 90% of my driving time, I am streaming Google music.

Need to test this service and pricing ahgainst my 20gb cricket plan for $55 taxes included. I typically use between 5-10 gab of music streaming.

Tia,

Ian B

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
It is certainly data usage, use it a bit a check your Data Usage graph. Here's an example from a song I played this evening.

Screenshot_2015-09-12-00-53-57.jpg

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
It does count against data. If you use that much data I wouldn't even start a 30 day test. It's not for you.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I downloaded the songs I list to through Play onto my phone. But just a warning: After being on the G+ private forum for weeks now, people who use anymore than three GB data don't find it worth it depending on what you were paying before. I've used about 0.3GB since I got my device over a week ago, hopefully keeping me under 2GB for the month and that would leave me with a $40 bill versus the $70 I was paying with T-Mo.

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for info. Just really testing it out. Kinda hard to beat 20gb data with unlimited text and calls for $55 with crickett. The extra stuff with welcome kit is no too share either.

Ian b

mojo rising

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I have wondered if I get charged for data when I am at home and the phone is running on my Wifi. I would hate to think that they are charging me for data that I have already paid for.

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok, got sim card and activated service. Downloaded my Google play driving Playlist to save on data usage. Will stream it via Bluetooth. Will test service till next week and decide if keep or go back to Crickett plan and return Nexus 6. So far battery on Nexus six has been subpar to my OnePlus 1.

I want someone to clarify for me, the key is to keep the phone on WiFi on to maximize WiFi connection throughout the day???????

Ian B

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1