Best on Verizon right now?

anon(2181632)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Looking for some opinions to help sway me one way or another. I'm about to switch carriers on my work phone. I currently have AT&T and the Moto X 2nd Gen. I really have no issues with the Moto X. In fact it's probably one of the best phones I've ever had. If I was forced to make a gripe, I'd say the battery life could be better. The AT&T service is a bit shoddy in my area though and that's why the switch it happening.

So, I need to figure out what phone to get on Verizon. I want nothing to do with any Samsung product. Beyond that, I'm open. Given how much I've enjoyed the Moto X, I've considered just getting it again. Alternatively, the front runners for me are the Droid Turbo, the G4, and possibly the Nexus 6 (however, I'm really hesitant about the size).

Add to this the fact that the new Moto's are here/around the corner, as well as the new Nexus's being here. I can hold off the switch for a while to wait for those, but my concern is that from what I've read different places, it may be that neither one actually get sold through the carriers. And with the being a work-provided phone, I've got no choice but to go through the carrier.

So that's where I'm at. Again just wondering if anyone might be able to sell me on one of these over the others, or could share some news that either or both of the others will definitely be sold through carriers and I should wait.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You could try getting a Moto X Pure Edition. It has all the radios to work properly on Verizon and you'll get that Moto X experience you love :).

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Alternatively, the front runners for me are the Droid Turbo, the G4, and possibly the Nexus 6 (however, I'm really hesitant about the size).

These are all old. Don't get them.

If I were you, I'd get one of the following:

Moto X Pure Edition
Nexus 5x/6p
iPhone 6s/6s Plus

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Since you like the Moto interface and are tied to a carrier phone, you may as well hold off 2 weeks till the new Droids are announced.

Posted via the Android Central App

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
ironically, I was having a similar dilemma. I'm not really in the market for a new phone. But I was just curious to see what's out there for vzw. So far my last 4 devices from VZW are the following: a bunch of blackberrys for work and personal. Sammy Nexus, 1st gen Moto X, and currently 2nd gen Moto X (insurance).

I honestly do not have any issues with my 2nd gen Moto X. It works great and has awesome battery life. But was disappointed to hear that we won't be getting the new Android OS or any future OS updates. That hurts a bit coming from a phone that is Motorola's flagship.

While browsing VZW's list, there isn't really anything that POPS out. I'm not a fan of Apple... Which leaves me to a bunch of mediocre android phones. Did anyone catch wind of any "cool" phones coming out in the pipeline? I don't mind waiting.