Currently have a N6 with Verizon. With unlimited getting a $20 dollar hike it's making me look hard at sprints promo to split the bill in half. I've been spoiled with Verizons coverage I would like to test drive sprint before I jump in.

I planned on using my nexus 6 and forwarding my Verizon number for a couple weeks.

I went to a corporate store and that lasted about 5 minutes because the employee decided to argue with me that my phone wouldn't work on sprint as it wasn't a sprint phone. I tried explaining to him that it would be he kept arguing.

What's the cheapest way to set up a line of service to try out the network? Thanks guys
    10-11-2015 11:56 PM
    Why don't you just grab one of those many Sprint prepaid packages and if the network works out for you, you can decide afterwards if you want to switch or not.
    10-12-2015 01:35 AM
    ****. Didn't even think of prepaid. Good call. Better then dealing with the dumb****s in the store
    ttwiitch likes this.
    10-12-2015 03:21 AM
    ****. Didn't even think of prepaid. Good call. Better then dealing with the dumb****s in the store
    Direct the ***** to the Sprint website and show him Sprint carries the same exact N6. Ppl are so retarded.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    10-12-2015 03:36 AM
    I tried he swore the sprint n6 was different. *****. I'm sure he wanted to sell a phone but instead he sold nothing
    10-12-2015 07:22 AM
    I doubt that's what was driving him since stores make money with phone plans rather than hardware. Either the phone is actually different (and it very well may be: firmware) or he simply had no clue.
    10-12-2015 07:45 AM
    Currently have a N6 with Verizon. With unlimited getting a $20 dollar hike it's making me look hard at sprints promo to split the bill in half. I've been spoiled with Verizons coverage I would like to test drive sprint before I jump in.

I planned on using my nexus 6 and forwarding my Verizon number for a couple weeks.

I went to a corporate store and that lasted about 5 minutes because the employee decided to argue with me that my phone wouldn't work on sprint as it wasn't a sprint phone. I tried explaining to him that it would be he kept arguing.

What's the cheapest way to set up a line of service to try out the network? Thanks guys
    I was actually wondering if the N6 would work on Sprint or whether it had to be purchased direct from Sprint. I couldn't find a definitive answer. Sprint only sells the 32GB version but I wanted to buy the 64GB US version (not the international) from Amazon since it's on sale. I wasn't sure if it would work so I picked up a Note 5 from Sprint instead. Still interested in the N6 because I'm experiencing a very annoying Wi-Fi issue with the Note 5, but I didn't want to buy the N6 from Amazon if it won't work properly on Sprint.

I too am a Verizon unlimited customer, and like you, the $20 price hike has me testing out Sprint. I'm not ready to cancel Verizon altogether just yet, but the price hike got me thinking what I would do if they cancel unlimited plans altogether. I was going to consider T-Mo until I read on their website that they throttle LTE speeds after you reach 23GB. AT&T does after 22GB. I love that Verizon doesn't throttle LTE since I average anywhere from 30-50GB per month. It doesn't appear that Sprint does either so I'm giving them a trial period to see if it would work. I use an iPhone 6s Plus on my Verizon line.
    10-12-2015 08:22 PM
    All Nexus 6 phones have the same internals, and could be activated on any of the national carriers. If you bought one from AT&T, it could be activated on Sprint. Just call Sprint customer care so they can ship you the correct sim card for the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-13-2015 08:44 AM
    I purchased my nexus 6 from Amazon and am using it on sprint with no problems. Only issue I ran into at the time was getting a nano sim from one of the stores in my area - had to call 3 of them before one had it in stock. The guy had it activated in about 15 mins.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-13-2015 03:55 PM
    I was actually wondering if the N6 would work on Sprint or whether it had to be purchased direct from Sprint. I couldn't find a definitive answer. Sprint only sells the 32GB version but I wanted to buy the 64GB US version (not the international) from Amazon since it's on sale. I wasn't sure if it would work so I picked up a Note 5 from Sprint instead. Still interested in the N6 because I'm experiencing a very annoying Wi-Fi issue with the Note 5, but I didn't want to buy the N6 from Amazon if it won't work properly on Sprint.

I too am a Verizon unlimited customer, and like you, the $20 price hike has me testing out Sprint. I'm not ready to cancel Verizon altogether just yet, but the price hike got me thinking what I would do if they cancel unlimited plans altogether. I was going to consider T-Mo until I read on their website that they throttle LTE speeds after you reach 23GB. AT&T does after 22GB. I love that Verizon doesn't throttle LTE since I average anywhere from 30-50GB per month. It doesn't appear that Sprint does either so I'm giving them a trial period to see if it would work. I use an iPhone 6s Plus on my Verizon line.
    Yes it will work on the Sprint network. Just put in the correct sim card in the phone and power the phone on.
    10-16-2015 11:16 AM
    If Sprint doesn't have the device ID listed in their network they won't activate it. It can still be activated, but will take some work for them to retrieve the ID and put it on their network. The Nexus 6 does support Sprint's network, but without having it listed the Sprint employee will not be able to do anything until it's registered.
    10-16-2015 07:40 PM
    IIRC, All Nexus 6 devices sold through Google Play should already have the MEID loaded in Sprint's system. Same with the Moto X Style and the newer Nexus devices.
    10-21-2015 09:46 PM