Keeping UDP with 2 year contract and $20 fee waived?

Vapor916

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I need a confirmation if this is true or not. BB right now has the S6 Edge for $50. And is the BB method required here? Thanks for any help.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon hasn't issued an official statement yet. But based on rumors, going on contract would allow you to keep the current price until the end of your contract

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Vapor916

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I had a chat with a rep earlier. She said next month for UPD users, the $20 hike will take into affect. But to my understanding, if we are under a contract, the price increase won't apply because we are under a "contract". She also said that we can keep our UDP but we will be charged for the full price for the phone with the Device Payment Plan. Which is the same thing as buying it out right. So we have time to get a "contract" before the effective date and save that $20 monthly increase using the BB method.

Edit: the Freaking S6 Edge is now $99. FUARK!

CharlesH

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
These techniques all involve getting a new phone, don't they? There is no way to just get on contract with your existing phone. I am happy with my Droid Maxx.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
These techniques all involve getting a new phone, don't they? There is no way to just get on contract with your existing phone. I am happy with my Droid Maxx.
You can call and ask Verizon. I have heard of someone being able to get the contract renewed without getting a new phone , ymmv.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site

You could go on contract with a new phone and then sell the new phone. Sounds pretty win-win to me.

Posted via Android Central App

budmonster

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody actually done the Best Buy message and succeeded recently? I'm pretty sure BB caught on.

I have a 5s & 5c, upgrades available now but don't want to lose our UDP. I don't know how the BB method would work for me.

richgs

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody actually done the Best Buy message and succeeded recently? I'm pretty sure BB caught on.

I have a 5s & 5c, upgrades available now but don't want to lose our UDP. I don't know how the BB method would work for me.

What makes you say that?

Posted via the Android Central App

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

I've done it the past 2 weeks. No problems yet.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
So I ****ed up. Everything was good for over a week. I ordered a new nano sim to replace the one that I trimmed down. Anywho. I made the mistake of hitting activate order and it took my unlimited data. I called tech support and told them I went to activate a new sim and it must have activated an old order. She put in a request for unlimited back and said it would take 24 hours but shouldn't be a big deal... We will see later today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463