I just ported my number about six hours ago, and the port appeared to happen within just a few minutes, except I can do everything but call out. I spoke to support and she was very nice and friendly but said that it sometimes takes up to 24 hours for all services to roll over. Is this a fairly common problem?
    12-01-2015 10:43 PM
    Mine was working within minutes, but I did not do much calling the night it ported over. Who had the number before it was on Project Fi?
    12-02-2015 06:46 AM
    It was on Sprint before porting. The message I get is, "Sorry, your phone is not yet activated."
    12-02-2015 06:54 AM
    It was on Sprint before porting. The message I get is, "Sorry, your phone is not yet activated."
    Monica, that is very common. I heard of others having same issue. It is just not fully activated yet. It could be done today or may take a few days but just know nothing is wrong that you are doing. Hopefully you have patience as the service has been very good so far imo.
    MonicaDien likes this.
    12-02-2015 09:51 AM
    Monica, that is very common. I heard of others having same issue. It is just not fully activated yet. It could be done today or may take a few days but just know nothing is wrong that you are doing. Hopefully you have patience as the service has been very good so far imo.
    Thank you! I thought it was odd that I can text and receive calls, but not call out. When I receive calls the quality is great, and I've even had a few people comment on it. So hopefully it won't take long to activate.
    12-02-2015 10:54 AM
    I just ported my number about six hours ago, and the port appeared to happen within just a few minutes, except I can do everything but call out. I spoke to support and she was very nice and friendly but said that it sometimes takes up to 24 hours for all services to roll over. Is this a fairly common problem?
    If you can't call out within 24 hours, ask for a new SIM card immediately. I went a week with no outgoing calls -- actually 10 days. As soon as I got the new SIM, everything started working properly.
    MonicaDien likes this.
    12-02-2015 11:41 AM
    If you can't call out within 24 hours, ask for a new SIM card immediately. I went a week with no outgoing calls -- actually 10 days. As soon as I got the new SIM, everything started working properly.
    Chatted with Fi suppport tonight and my problem is whatever the issue is with calls not wanting to hit Sprint towers. The support tech had me manually switch to T-Mobile and calls are going out just fine now. I ordered a new sim card just in case that might make a difference, but at least for now I'm good. Or have a reasonable workaround.
    12-02-2015 07:37 PM
    I just received my fi sim today, but this makes me not want to activate it. so what ur saying is anytime I want to call out, I have to manually switch to T-Mobile?? that's bull ****!

Posted via AC app with my N9
    12-02-2015 09:58 PM
    I just received my fi sim today, but this makes me not want to activate it. so what ur saying is anytime I want to call out, I have to manually switch to T-Mobile?? that's bull ****!

It definitely does not happen to most customers, so I wouldn't worry about it. I'm not sure what the issue is but I've only read of one other person having this specific problem. The support tech said they are working on it. And the solution is certainly workable. I don't mind waiting to try out a new sim card or waiting for their engineers to fix the issue.
    12-02-2015 10:25 PM
    It definitely does not happen to most customers, so I wouldn't worry about it. I'm not sure what the issue is but I've only read of one other person having this specific problem. The support tech said they are working on it. And the solution is certainly workable. I don't mind waiting to try out a new sim card or waiting for their engineers to fix the issue.
    ur definitely more patient than me ! :-) please keep us updated on ur issue. will activate today or tomorrow, so I will be posting my probs soon.😀

12-03-2015 05:17 AM
    Well, this is cool. I just got this email from Project Fi:

We’re reaching out with an important update for your account. The SIM card in your Device has an issue that prevents it from accessing the full Project Fi network. We’ll be sending you a new SIM card in the coming days that will resolve the issue. We recommend you replace your current SIM with the new one in order to get the best Project Fi experience. You should receive your new SIM card by December 11, 2015. In the meantime you will still be able to talk, text, and access data from your device.

You will be receiving a $25 service credit to help make up for any inconvenience caused by the issue. We sincerely apologize and thank you again for joining Project Fi.

Not bad! I guess I'll have two extra Fi sim cards? Maybe I'll punch holes in them and make a necklace. Thanks, Google!
    ezzzzz and pr627 like this.
    12-05-2015 12:09 AM
    Glad they are taking care of you Monica. I also see them being quite helpful on Twitter as well.
    12-05-2015 07:15 AM
    It appears that many are getting the new SIM and the $25 credit. Apparently Fi has realized they had a bad batch of SIMs, and everyone who has a SIM from that batch appears to be getting sent a new SIM automatically, and receiving the $25 credit.
    12-05-2015 10:43 AM
    The new sim card doesn't surprise me, but what does is the wholly unsolicited $25 credit. Not that I'm going to turn it down, but the issue for me was just a minor annoyance. It may have affected others far worse, of course. They're doing a great job at building customer loyalty.
    12-05-2015 10:55 AM
    The new sim card doesn't surprise me, but what does is the wholly unsolicited $25 credit. Not that I'm going to turn it down, but the issue for me was just a minor annoyance. It may have affected others far worse, of course. They're doing a great job at building customer loyalty.
    I agree. Some others feel the exact opposite. For some if it did not work as soon as they put SIM in there was screaming, yelling, cussing and who knows what else. I read some very comical stuff on Twitter with ppl expressing their anger. I saw a lot more who felt it was a good start so far though.
    MonicaDien likes this.
    12-05-2015 03:01 PM
    I agree. Some others feel the exact opposite. For some if it did not work as soon as they put SIM in there was screaming, yelling, cussing and who knows what else. I read some very comical stuff on Twitter with ppl expressing their anger. I saw a lot more who felt it was a good start so far though.
    I can somewhat understand that people who get so upset. I had the issue where I couldn't send SMS when I first activated, and it lasted just over 2 weeks. Support seems to be hit or miss -- some of the agents seem to be very good, others seem to just be trying to get rid of you (the first support person I spoke to was like that, tried to claim it was because of Sprint scheduled downtime for upgrades, even though it also happened on T-Mobile).

After my issue was elevated to the engineers, I got frustrated because there was no communication. They tell you that you'll be contacted within 48 hours but no one ever calls or emails. Worse, there is no way to get information -- support will tell you that they can't do anything because it is escalated, and they don't have access to the case after it has been escalated. I really only found out that my issue was fixed because I saw others talking about their SMS started working, so I checked mine and it worked. Several days later, I finally got an email from the engineers asking if my SMS was working, to let them know, and if it wasn't to send them the information on the test (I believe more bug reports).

I find you have to remind yourself that this is a "project" -- basically an alpha test. And, while I said I understand the people who are yelling, I also can't help but think if these types of issues get you that upset, or if you are that dependent on your cell phone, then Project Fi is likely not for you.
    12-05-2015 05:10 PM
    I can understand people being upset too, but like you said, it's such a new service that there will be issues that support reps don't have documentation for. The first person I talked to missed a step and didn't try switching my carrier, but the second person did a few more things to get me up and running and able to make and receive calls. There's nothing like selling a service to a couple of thousand people to find out where the bugs are.

Even with the issue I'm having now, which will hopefully be resolved with the new sim card, I really do like the service. The call quality is just so much better and it's saving me $20 a month, maybe more. And that was with an employee plan at Sprint. So far, the trade-off is definitely worth it.
    pr627 likes this.
    12-05-2015 06:09 PM