Question about traveling outside US

Jeparisoe

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay guys. My question is that I plan on going to Ireland soon and I would like to buy a prepaid SIM and use their network locally on my Moto X Pure. What I don't know is if I will have an issue popping out my Verizon SIM and just putting in one from wherever I am.

Since Verizon is both SIM and IMEI activated will I have to temporarily take my phone off their network or will a SIM swap alone do the job?

Also, I know I would be using a different number and I don't care about that. Just want data wherever I go.

Sent from my Moto X Pure

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Sim swap alone is fine. If people call your Verizon number while the other sim is in, it'll go to voicemail.

If you don't anticipate receiving calls to your verizon number and don't care about your voicemails, you could suspend your Verizon service without billing and save some money while in Ireland. Have a good trip.

Jeparisoe

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I'm not worried about getting voicemail. Everyone I know will be aware and just message me through hangouts.

Sent from my Moto X Pure

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can have your calls forwarded to Google voice number. Texts won't be forwarded though