Porting from Sprint to T-Mobile

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
It just seems so backwards with their thinking about what to do with notification of your number. You took it with you, so it should be sensical NOT to turn it off.

Oh well they probably did me a favor. It's my first time switching providers in 15 years as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
It just seems so backwards with their thinking about what to do with notification of your number. You took it with you, so it should be sensical NOT to turn it off.

Oh well they probably did me a favor. It's my first time switching providers in 15 years as well.

Yep, they know you ported it and it's still active. I guess they are just being vindictive.

Other than that minor inconvenience, everything is pretty good so far.

Only hiccup I'm having is with MyTmobile account. It won't allow me to change account permissions for my other lines (not all in the same house so I need other lines to have full access as well). I called last Saturday to report the issue, she filed a ticket for me and said it could take up to 72 hours. So I waited until Wednesday, still not fixed. Called again Wednesday and apparently she filed the ticket with the wrong department so nothing has been fixed. Now another please give us 72 hours. I guess we will see.

trekgraham

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have been a T-Mobile customer for almost 2 years now and haven't had any troubles. I actually ported from ATT(4 months) to Straight talk(2 years) to Walmart Family Mobile (tested before paying for the deposit for tmobile) to T-Mobile.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Well at this rate, T-Mobile might just irritate me enough with their customer service that I'll leave them in a couple months.

I've had an open ticket for a an account issue for 8 days now with no resolution. I'm on my 3rd CS rep telling me to please allow 72 hours to look into this issue. Umm, you've had 72 hours 2 different times so far and I'm still having the same issue.
And I guess T-Mobile on Twitter is only interested in helping out with anything if you are on another carrier and interested in their service. Since I became a customer, T-Mobile has yet to respond to a single question directed at them.
Pretty sad first 15 days as far as customer service goes.

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried to give my other one full access, as I would rather him not have it. But I know I had to claim primary ownership or something the first time. I did a lot via mobile Web and app but find that I actually have to get on the computer to do a few things.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if you can change what time it shows on the website when calls were made and texts sent? It shows PST for everything and I'm in Indiana. I can't find a setting and my e911 address is correct. One lady did tell me it's because tmobile is PST and no way to change it, but that seems strange to me.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I've done everything via the website on the PC. The first rep told me any line I wanted to change permissions on needed to setup a MyTmobile account first. OK, did that, still didn't work. Every rep since then has even tried it themselves and they get the same error message I receive. And it's not just giving full access, I can't change it to no access either and neither can the reps.

Full ownership of the primary line has been established. Had to enter last 4 of SSN and verify a code sent via text to get that done on day 2 of having service.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Weird. I'd tweet tmobile and John Legere. Let him know the issue has been going on for 8 days.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Weird. I'd tweet tmobile and John Legere. Let him know the issue has been going on for 8 days.

Yeah, I guess I'll include him. I tweeted T-Mobile and T-Mobile help twice today with no response.

I called customer care tonight, got transferred to tech support and was told flat out that since I hadn't been given a case number there was no way it could be tracked. What kind of company doesn't notate the customer account with case numbers? So now, I'm going to apparently have 3 open tickets because the tech was opening a new case tonight and would call me tomorrow with the number. So opening a case doesn't immediately generate a case number? Wow.

And so much for the tech 5 days ago that told me he would get my issue handled and call me back.

And then to top things off, I discovered the rep at the store that opened my account didn't activate data on one of my lines. Fortunately customer care was able to fix that quickly and fortunately that line mainly uses the phone as a phone.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Some progress was made today. Finally got a reply from T-Mobile on Twitter. They were able to replicate my issue (along with the 3 other CSRs that has already done that), get a screen shot of the error, push the ticket to the correct department and provide me with a case number that is also notated in my account.

Now to see how much longer until this is actually resolved. They have asked that I wait 7 days this time before following up.

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Did you get everything sorted out? I'm sure with the holidays and all the excitement going on, it may have been one of the last things you thought about but wanted to check in.

I've been real happy so far.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you get everything sorted out? I'm sure with the holidays and all the excitement going on, it may have been one of the last things you thought about but wanted to check in.

I've been real happy so far.

I sent a DM to their Twitter account a few hours ago but haven't received a reply back yet.

However, about 15 minutes after I sent the DM I got a call from a local number and it was a new account T Mobile rep asking how my service was so far. I told him about the open ticket and he said someone should be working on it by now but it didn't appear there was any progress. He did note in my account that someone needs to contact me when it's fixed.

I know there was a holiday but this is day 8 on this service ticket and day 21 since I first reported the issue to T-Mobile.

I've discovered another issue in my account but I'm hesitant to open another ticket until this is resolved.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Well they never responded to the DM yesterday so I had to hit them up on Twitter first and then they asked to DM again.

My ticket is still pending and they asked that I now wait until Monday, January 4 to follow up again.

This is becoming such a joke its almost laughable.

I'm currently 9 days into this open service ticket and 22 days since I first reported the issue.

You would think with 4 service tickets for the same issue that someone, somewhere in that company would have looked at something.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It sucks you're having so much many issues. I've never had it that bad even with other carriers.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
It sucks you're having so much many issues. I've never had it that bad even with other carriers.

Yeah, from a customer service standpoint it's pretty disappointing. And the fact that I have been told by 2 different phone CSRs that they would contact me with an update and never have is pretty bad as well.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, from a customer service standpoint it's pretty disappointing. And the fact that I have been told by 2 different phone CSRs that they would contact me with an update and never have is pretty bad as well.

Yeah it is def. weird. So far I have contacted them about 3 times or so .. All have been pleasant and the issue gets resolved.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
The first interaction with them was great with the porting taking so long.

But since then it's been completely downhill. Everything has been very pleasant but the quality of customer service is just not impressive at this point.

sling1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
The first interaction with them was great with the porting taking so long.

But since then it's been completely downhill. Everything has been very pleasant but the quality of customer service is just not impressive at this point.
hmm lots of confusion going on with your account , Have to emailed John Legere ? If not get on it.
John really does care about his customers unlike many other CEOs.
Make email subject line catchy yet positive with a "Please Help Me" & detail issue being had within email asking for help.
From that point you should get call from his office 3-4 workdays later getting issue resolved from top.

Last edited:

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Sent a DM to T-Mobile Twitter this morning asking for an update since I am still receiving the same error message when trying to change access privileges for lines on my account.

I received a reply that they have escalated the ticket and there should be resolution in 48 hours and if not I should follow up again.

I'm pretty tired of following up at this point. This ticket has been open for 14 days now and it has been 27 days since I first reported the issue to T-Mobile. I've been following up for almost a full month now. How about someone at T-Mobile follow up with me?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I decided to call this afternoon just to be sure the ticket had been escalated and was told it had and that customer care was now involved as well. Hopefully something actually gets accomplished now.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
My service ticket has now been open for 18 days now and has been in 'escalated' status for 4 days. It has been 31 days since I first reported the issue to T-Mobile.

I was told that my ticket still has not been assigned to anyone, even after being escalated for 4 days. Once it does get assigned, it could be 5 - 7 business days before there is resolution.

Pretty amazing that it can take this long to get something fixed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KrystalMcclain