Question about the new binge on

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if you're allowed to tether and use the video services and not have it count towards your data plan? In the terms and conditions it doesn't mention it but it does specifically mention it in the music freedom section. I'm new to T-Mobile. I'm not worried about going over my data plan ever because I'm on Wi-Fi 99.9% of the time since I work from home but every once in a while we do take a trip to Chicago and thought it would be nice to have my phone be the hot spot for the kids and they can stream Netflix or something like that.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes. If you have Binge On turned on, tether to a device, and stream from those services it won't count against your tether cap.

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Fantastic news! Thank you! I've been magenta for only a week today so still learning the ins and outs.

trekgraham

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Umm I think tethering is separate, unless you are using one of those unauthorized tethering devices then I believe binge on will not help.

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
That's good news indeed. I'm not sure what you meant about unauthorized tethering devices, I was just going to use my 6p and maybe a nexus 7 as the viewing source or maybe an iPad for the kids.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's good news indeed. I'm not sure what you meant about unauthorized tethering devices, I was just going to use my 6p and maybe a nexus 7 as the viewing source or maybe an iPad for the kids.

You will be fine with that. I use the hotspot on my 6P without issue :).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance