Are data limits hard or soft on Project Fi?

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Are they hard caps, in which you are charged more money for going over your limit or soft caps in which you are throttled down to 2G speeds but are not charged any additional money?

Schoat333

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
There is no limit. You choose a GB plan, but ultimately you pay for what you use, no matter how much you use. You can go over or under, and your bill is adjusted accordingly. Basically is $0.01 per 0.01GB.

Slowhite03

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
There is no limit. You choose a GB plan, but ultimately you pay for what you use, no matter how much you use. You can go over or under, and your bill is adjusted accordingly. Basically is $0.01 per 0.01GB.

It's actually $.10 for every .01 gb used or $1 for every 100 mb. ;)

That's the whole reason I've switched, I have 5 days left and ive used a whopping .02gb.

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Are they hard caps, in which you are charged more money for going over your limit or soft caps in which you are throttled down to 2G speeds but are not charged any additional money?

There are no games being played. I went over last month and got charged just what I expected. No surprises or punishments. Fi is very fair and reasonable.

Posted via the Android Central App

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
2 months in and the 45.00 monthly bill is an eye opener. I feel violated by Verizon. Never again.

Agree... I was a Verizon unlimited data and thought I had to stay with them because I did not want to loose my data. Then a year ago I chucked it... left for AT&T with 2GB... and they doubled my data, and I think they doubled it again.. all for about $60 per month for the talk/text & data (not the phone)... a LOT cheaper than Verizon.

I left a little over 2 months ago for the 2GB plan on Project Fi... after 1 month dropped it to 1GB. They will bill me for what I use and only for what I use. These last 2 months I'm using pretty close to .5GB... avg $28 per month with tax. Enough said!!!

anon(5356006)

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
How much were you paying on Verizon? I have a sweet deal and only pay $67/mo after tax for unlimited data, sms, and 450 minutes, but I still find myself wanting to switch to either Fi or the $30 T-Mobile plan.

mimsiesboy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
How much were you paying on Verizon? I have a sweet deal and only pay $67/mo after tax for unlimited data, sms, and 450 minutes, but I still find myself wanting to switch to either Fi or the $30 T-Mobile plan.

3 lines unlimited data, 700 min, unlimited text 2 phones insurance for the bargain price of around 230.00 dollars. How much data are you actually using?