I purchased an unlocked Tmobile Note 4 and connected it to Cricket with no issues. The problem Im having is the Tmobile update software continually pops up and fails, I assume due to the fact its not on Tmobiles network. Can I disable this and also can I receive updates for the cricket network?
    12-21-2015 04:26 PM
    You will not be able to get Cricket branded updates for your phone... However, the T Mobile update will work just fine... Stick a T Mobile SIM in that bad boy (ANY SIM it doesn't have to be active - you can get a prepaid T Mobile SIM for $0.99 right now on their website or just use a friends) and do a software update. After it's done, pop your Cricket SIM back in and you should be good to go!

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-23-2015 04:36 PM
    You will not be able to get Cricket branded updates for your phone... However, the T Mobile update will work just fine... Stick a T Mobile SIM in that bad boy (ANY SIM it doesn't have to be active - you can get a prepaid T Mobile SIM for $0.99 right now on their website or just use a friends) and do a software update. After it's done, pop your Cricket SIM back in and you should be good to go!

Posted via the Android Central App
    ......so what about an AT&T branded phone? Same deal for updates?
    12-24-2015 02:55 PM
    ......so what about an AT&T branded phone? Same deal for updates?
    I'm not sure on the specifics... AT&T owns Cricket, so I don't know if a Cricket SIM will allow you to update an AT&T phone. In theory, the above process should work if you don't get the updates with a Cricket SIM... Pop any AT&T SIM in there and update. Obviously, if the SIM is not active you'll have to update over Wi Fi, which I think you have to do no matter the case...

--- any typos courtesy of SwiftKey
    12-26-2015 10:24 AM