Let's say I buy a Nexus 6p on the monthly payment plan, how long after buying it would I have to activate it? Let's say I still have time left on my Verizon contract and used the 6p on that could I do this and eventually switch to Fi?
    01-14-2016 05:54 PM
    Let's say I buy a Nexus 6p on the monthly payment plan, how long after buying it would I have to activate it? Let's say I still have time left on my Verizon contract and used the 6p on that could I do this and eventually switch to Fi?
    I don't believe you would be able to use the 6p that you financed through Google on another carriers network until after you payed it off.. You will have 30 days to activate the sim card in that phone on project fi..

Posted via the Nexus 6 on Straight Talks AT&T sim..
    01-14-2016 06:18 PM
    I don't think the 6p will work on verizon. They don't sell it

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-19-2016 03:43 PM
    I was told by Verizon that they can activate it on their network but at this point I may just switch to Fi.
    01-19-2016 07:59 PM

Could you please explain how I'm using a Nexus 6P on Verizon then? There are also LOTS of others in the 6P forum that are using the 6P on Verizon.

That whole "Verizon has to sell it for it to work on their network" deal went away several years ago. As long as it has radios to work on the network it should work without a problem.
    01-21-2016 06:50 PM
    Never? Payments on the phone are not tied to Fi service. You can pop in any sim you want and it will work. Fi will only start when you pop in that sim and turn it on. You can choose to never activate Fi and you'll just keep on paying every month for the device until it's paid. Google makes it really easy.
    01-22-2016 02:17 PM
    Could you please explain how I'm using a Nexus 6P on Verizon then? There are also LOTS of others in the 6P forum that are using the 6P on Verizon.

That whole "Verizon has to sell it for it to work on their network" deal went away several years ago. As long as it has radios to work on the network it should work without a problem.
    Not exactly. It was only 2015 when Verizon permitted a non-verizon branded device on their network. Started with the Nexus 6, then the Moto X Pure and now hopefully will be applicable to most unlocked phones with the proper radios for their network and it didn't come from another carrier. But as of right now, there are only 4 network-free phones you can use on vzw - Nexus 6, 6p, 5x, X Pure. See a trend? Motorola. And Nexus. Nothing else. Can't take an unlocked galaxy s6 and put it on verizon, even if it's the sprint version with cdma in it. Can't bring any iphone but a verizon iphone on the network. Same for every other device but the four i mentioned.
    01-22-2016 02:21 PM
    After doing some research it looks like 32gig was right. I will have 30 days to activate on the Fi network or I will be in default and have to pay the full balance of the phone.

When Monthly Payments Are Due. The first monthly payment will be due when you activate the Device. You must activate your Device and associate it with your Project Fi account no later than 30 days after purchase. The twenty-three (23) subsequent payments will be due on a monthly basis until the remaining balance is $0. A bill for each payment will be included as part of the billing statements you receive for Project Fi services. You will receive a bill for each payment even if you have suspended your Project Fi services or your Project Fi account. Failure to timely activate your Device may cause you to be in default.
    01-24-2016 07:41 PM

Yes, it works just fine.
    01-25-2016 02:11 PM