Very fast speeds with Sprint on Project Fi

Mark Rivera2

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
I live in Walnut Creek California and these are there speeds I get here when my Project Fi is on Sprint. It blows away the T-Mobile version on my Project FiScreenshot_20160128-024521.jpg

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Now what are you going to do with that speed? The data coming from New York or Chicago servers is reaching Project Fi's servers at a speed of about 2mbps, so each packet gets to you at 100mbps, but then there's a 50 packet dead space until the next one gets there. You're still downloading at 2mbps. (About the only time you'll get a 100mbps download is if the server you're downloading is local to Fi's entry point to the internet.)

They're giving us fantastic - but totally unrealistic - speeds as an advertising gimmick. It costs them nothing, because almost no one will ever use the bandwidth they're allowing. It's like free heat in the summer in the Amazon jungle.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just depends on the area. In my area Sprint is average of 5-15 Mbps from what I've seen. On T-Mobile I average around 30 with spikes as high as 110+.