While my VZW is voluntarily suspended, can I port that number to another carrier?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I suspended one of my lines so I wouldn't have to pay the monthly $9.99 access fee on that line. I did continue to pay off the monthly payment plan amount. I paid off the complete payment plan balance last week($347) However, I did not call VZW to resume service on that line.

I ported that VZW number to my AT&T account. However, I still see the line on my VZW as still in suspended status. Will Verizon automatically be take off my account ? I am already using the number on AT&T. I called Verizon and the agent had no clue as to when it would be removed from my account.

When I last ported a VZW number to my AT&T account, VZW automatically removed the ported-out line from my account about 2 days after the porting was successfully completed. (but that was on an active line)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I believe if you activate the line it will assign a random number to it. You may be able to port back in but not sure.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I would like to know this as well. I recently ported two numbers to t-mobile and my status with Verizon just says suspended. I really hope they don't try to charge me for numbers they no longer have in their possession.

spiraleze

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
The line should stay suspended until the end of your billing period. Then it will be removed from your account. at least that is what happened in my case last month after porting a line to Google voice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae