So, maybe their towers are messed up. Maybe they're doing some network reconstruction. Who knows. Anyway, here I am with edge speed internet (without hitting my data cap for the month) and I can understand that the network is going to have its fair share of issues. However, what I can't understand is why this data usage (of edge internet) is being added to my allotted amonut of 4g data, especially since it has nothing to do with me on my end. I can't just *not* use my data, but I do have a bit of a problem paying for LTE and not getting what I paid for. Anyone else with this issue? How do you think I should go about handling it?
    02-21-2016 08:51 AM
    Not sure why you aren't getting LTE. I have not had any issues, unless I was in a bad area.
    As far as "data counting against you", Edge speed is still data to them, so it does count against you...

When you hit your threshold, just wait. That is when you see data crawl to dial up speeds...
    02-22-2016 12:50 PM
    I haven't had this happen to me, but when they advertise things like "$50 for 5GB High Speed Data Access*", I'd be pretty upset if they counted 2G or Edge data towards that limit. I'd call customer service, or you might get a faster response on their Facebook page (since it's public).

Also the asterisk above refers to these terms:
    "1. Services and features of all plans are available for 30 days upon payment of rate plan charge. Unlimited plans include a 2.5 GB, 5 GB, or 10 GB high-speed data access allowance, respectively, as set forth in the rate plan grid (some grandfathered plans include different high-speed data access allowances). When your data use exceeds the respective high-speed access allowance, your data download speeds will be reduced to a maximum 128Kbps for the remainder of your monthly billing cycle.
    2. High-speed data access allows download speeds of a maximum of 8 Mbps for compatible LTE devices and 4 Mbps for compatible HSPA+ devices."

If 128Kbps data is unlimited, it should not count towards your quota.

Good luck!
    02-29-2016 11:23 AM