Buying Droid Mini for Straight Talk

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking to use upgrade promo to buy a Droid Mini and resell to someone. The lady wanting it asked if it can be used on Straight Talk, which it looks like that's possible. The problem I'm running into is how.

All the info I've been finding talks about porting your number, possibly needing it unlocked, or even changing the APN settings to use the AT&T ST service. I wouldn't be activating the phone on my account, so there would be no number to port over, and I'm not sure how to go about unlocking or changing APN settings. Straight Talk's site wasn't much help either because they need an IMEI number when trying to check compatibility.

So is this something easily accomplished without jumping through a lot of hoops? If so, can anyone give me step by step instructions?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
just pop in the st/att sim. then change the apn to what st gave you. apn settings is usually in settings-more settings-apn.

the sim might have to be previously activated on another device, as ST might not recognize the droid mini imei.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze