The title explains my problem but a little more background. When I first got Fi, I had this exact issue and I was told it was a Google Voice issue. Fi customer support suggested I uninstall GV. I did that and it fixed the problem. In other words, I was no longer required to press 1 in order to answer calls that were forwarded to my cell phone. Then early this week, the issue cropped up again. Nothing changed, just out of the blue. I called Fi customer support and the problem has been "escalated" to higher tech support. I was told I would have an answer within 48 hours. It is now 4 days and it is still not fixed, and CS keeps giving me the same song and dance that superiors are looking at it. (FWIW, I've always raved about their CS). Since users often have answers better and quicker than Fi customer service, I'm hoping someone can help, or offer suggestions.
    02-27-2016 10:18 AM
    The title explains my problem but a little more background. When I first got Fi, I had this exact issue and I was told it was a Google Voice issue. Fi customer support suggested I uninstall GV. I did that and it fixed the problem. In other words, I was no longer required to press 1 in order to answer calls that were forwarded to my cell phone. Then early this week, the issue cropped up again. Nothing changed, just out of the blue. I called Fi customer support and the problem has been "escalated" to higher tech support. I was told I would have an answer within 48 hours. It is now 4 days and it is still not fixed, and CS keeps giving me the same song and dance that superiors are looking at it. (FWIW, I've always raved about their CS). Since users often have answers better and quicker than Fi customer service, I'm hoping someone can help, or offer suggestions.
    I think you've hit on the one issue with Project Fi support; the fact that when your case is escalated they tell you someone will call but they never do. Unfortunately, escalation is a "black hole" of sorts, that once your issue is escalated you don't get any response from them, at least until they think they've solved your issue or need more information, and no one you can reach can give you updates on your issue.

At the very least, Google needs to quit telling people someone will contact them in 48 hours-- it never happens. I also wish escalations would at least leave updates on the tickets that could be seen by the first-level CS, so you could at least get updates. Instead, it appears that first level support can't even look at those tickets.
    02-28-2016 10:55 AM