Transferring Verizon Upgrade

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
So I'm on a Verizon plan with a few upgrades available on other lines. The thing is that they are basic phone lines (don't have data access fees), not smartphone lines. In the past, I know that one was able to transfer the basic upgrade to a smartphone line without theoretically upgrading the basic line. I've been hearing that Verizon changed their policy so that if you transfer a basic upgrade to a smartphone line, the basic line becomes a smartphone line, and requires data access, thus costing more money than simply transferring the upgrade.

My question is: What exactly will happen if I'm on a 2-year activation plan, and transfer a basic-phone upgrade to my smartphone line? Will I be a happy customer, or will I have to deal with extra, unintended charges?

If I have severely confused you, I sincerely apologize.

Thanks,
Christopher

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
If you use a basic phone upgrade on your smartphone line, or upgrade the basic phone line to a smartphone, you'll be paying the smartphone line access fee. No way around that.

Posted via the Android Central App

gilligan793

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
If you use a basic phone upgrade on your smartphone line, or upgrade the basic phone line to a smartphone, you'll be paying the smartphone line access fee. No way around that.

Posted via the Android Central App

This is correct. I worked at Verizon for almost two years and this was changed little over a year ago. Besides the obvious business side of this decision there really wasn't a lot more said to us in the store besides being charged the same as a smartphone line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781