Upgrade Now - Return Later?

grape8pe2

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I need a little advice on whether or not I should upgrade. I'm currently eligible for a 12 month upgrade as of March 1st. With the new Premier policy I will loose my 12 month upgrade (I would only be a Silver Premier customer) to 22 months.

The only phone that Sprint currently is offering that I want is the EVO 4G. Here's my question, if I were to purchase an EVO on March 31st, then a new phone is released by Sprint (Nexus S?) say April 15th, would I be able to return my phone within the 30 days and still get my full upgrade discount on a differnt phone? I know this is a very technical question, but I just want to get the most out of my upgrade. Any thoughts on what I should do? I'm looking at getting my EVO from either Radio Shack or Best Buy so I don't have to deal with a mail in rebate. Thanks for your help!

mtbykr

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes that should be no problem. The only issue is when the new phones will be released. Last year Sprint announced the EVO at Cita and then it didn't come out till June.

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
i doubt anything will be released within 30 days... would really be a waste if you did this just to extend your upgrade. better off buying it and reselling as new to someone who will use it. then you have that money to pay for your next phone.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Did you contact Sprint... I know some people said you will loose your upgrade come April 1 , but I have asked and others here too, I was told that you wouldn't loose your upgrade.... Once you upgrade your new date will be in 22 months. I say call Sprint first and have them state that on your account that you will keep your upgrade pasted April due to your Silver status...

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Did you contact Sprint... I know some people said you will loose your upgrade come April 1 , but I have asked and others here too, I was told that you wouldn't loose your upgrade.... Once you upgrade your new date will be in 22 months. I say call Sprint first and have them state that on your account that you will keep your upgrade pasted April due to your Silver status...

You will lose it as of April 1st.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance