Should I get a new SIM in Europe

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
My brother is leaving for London tomorrow for 8 weeks. I advised him to just get a local SIM to pop into his iphone 6 (he's currently on Verizon). However, with the recent announcement that T-mobile will be giving free, unlimited high speed data to all their customers in Europe, do you think he should use a local sim, or pop in a T-mobile SIM. He wants to do some traveling around other European countries too. He wants plenty of data to update people on the go, won't be making a lot of phone calls, but probably could text a lot to friends back home. I don't know how the pricing structure works over there. Any suggestions? Thanks!

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
My advice would be WIFI. My son and daughter-in-law spent three weeks in Europe last year and he used his i5 without a SIM to send texts and pictures to friends and family every day. For this and calls he used Hangouts. He said free WIFI was everywhere.

For travel around London I would recommend [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/london-travel-guide-offline/id317451315?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Ulmon London[/URL] which is a off line map with suggestions and recommendations.

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, places like London are full of free WiFi. Create a free account on The Cloud just arriving and it will be available everywhere. Also, prepaid SIM cards are very cheap and for a few pounds you get 500mb of data. I use to buy from Vodafone. Some companies offer free roaming in some European countries, check around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21