RUMOR: Verizon to offer new features to plans (rollover data, safety mode, Mexico/Canada perks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
A reliable source on Reddit posted about some upcoming changes to Verizon. With some deeper digging into Verizon's test website

it looks to be rollover data, usage in USA as well as Mexico and Canada at no charge, and a new 'safety mode".

Safety mode throttles your data after you use your allotment instead of charging you a per gig overage. Still no word on the throttle speed, but I'm guessing it'll be 128kb.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon to offer new features to plans

I like that idea. Some may not want an instant charge for more data and could deal with being slowed first.

I am also a big fan of rollover data. It's kind of messed up for them to take what you paid for. I mean I'm reasonable in the sense there should be a limit so people can't stack non stop (like a few months worth) but that's better than "here is overage on your last day and the next day you new cycle starts so that 1 GB extra we tacked on is now gone due to a new cycle".

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

With the other carriers coming out with rollover, I expected Verizon to do the same at some point. The question for me is if I'll tack on to existing plans. I'm currently grandfathered on a 10 GB/$60 share plan, so moving to a new plan would be a loss of value for me.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

With the other carriers coming out with rollover, I expected Verizon to do the same at some point. The question for me is if I'll tack on to existing plans. I'm currently grandfathered on a 10 GB/$60 share plan, so moving to a new plan would be a loss of value for me.

New Verizon plan of course. I think the price structure is going to change. Possible double data promo again. But this is all a rumor. These changes will take effect on the 1st

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon set to offer unlimited and roll over plan

Keep in mind that unlimited data they are referring to here is probably at very slow speeds,similar to tmobile after the high speed allotment

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon set to offer unlimited and roll over plan

I'm all to familiar with the throttling down scenario :( I'm on HughesNet satellite for my internet. A whopping 10GB/month for $63 and that gets you a whopping 9-10/mb download speed (on a good day). You go over and try to do anything more than email or casual browsing you'll get FAPped (Fair Access Policy). They slow you down to dialup or slower till the end of your billing cycle.

I'm more interested in the roll over data.

yahknow1

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Profelec,

"... Possible double data promo again...."

I would love to get this promo, have they offered it in the past? Is it just like it sounds, doubles your data? What are the odds this will happen? :p

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Profelec,

"... Possible double data promo again...."

I would love to get this promo, have they offered it in the past? Is it just like it sounds, doubles your data? What are the odds this will happen? :p

There was talks about it. Not confirmation yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.