So, have most stayed or gone after the UDP price hike?

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of road testing Sprint's service as they have a 30 day money back guarantee. I never had a problem paying a little more for Verizon as the service is the best but it's getting ridiculous now to hold on to UDP, and I fear it may still get worse. So have you stayed through the hike? Gone? Thinking of going? Why?

Just would love to hear some opinions as I know once I leave Verizon UDP there is no going back.

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

Same here. I pushed the upgrade as soon as it was available

Yeah going up to the date the articles were saying that it only impacted lines off contract so I put mine back on contract.

Well I feel stupid now, I have used the Best Buy trick before to get a discount on phones but didn't realize it could be used to avoid the price hike. Not that I've gotten the hike it's too late?

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I feel stupid now, I have used the Best Buy trick before to get a discount on phones but didn't realize it could be used to avoid the price hike. Not that I've gotten the hike it's too late?
Yes. Not one had been able to reverse the price hike.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think a good amount stayed. I think that's why Verizon put in phase 3 to add an invisible cap to unlimited and force the big users off.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you haven't gotten the hike then you need to finalize the upgrade before the end of your cycle.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think a good amount stayed. I think that's why Verizon put in phase 3 to add an invisible cap to unlimited and force the big users off.
We are the 1%! Maybe we should start a protesting campaign in front of Verizon corporate demanding that they leave unlimited data alone!

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok, yeah, I got put on contract free last year by getting some kind of international calling plan added. Also, since I honestly don't use that much data, they probably helped me out on that some, but no way am I giving up unlimited. My question is, since the contract was only for a year....will I be able to do something to cheap/free put my line back on contract again?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, yeah, I got put on contract free last year by getting some kind of international calling plan added. Also, since I honestly don't use that much data, they probably helped me out on that some, but no way am I giving up unlimited. My question is, since the contract was only for a year....will I be able to do something to cheap/free put my line back on contract again?
You can try to add something else to get you on contract or buy a cheap phone

heyeaglefn

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Just so I understand, I am under contract with UDP until the middle of October 2016.

Is there a period where I can use the BB method to extend the UDP without coming off contract and getting the extra $20 charge? I didn't think you could upgrade until your contract was up but maybe that isn't true.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just so I understand, I am under contract with UDP until the middle of October 2016.

Is there a period where I can use the BB method to extend the UDP without coming off contract and getting the extra $20 charge? I didn't think you could upgrade until your contract was up but maybe that isn't true.
You can do a subsidized upgrade 7 days before the end of contract.

You need to go on contract before the end of the cycle in which your current contract expires to keep the $29.99 rate