08-28-2016 10:04 AM
26 12
tools
    I'm thinking of road testing Sprint's service as they have a 30 day money back guarantee. I never had a problem paying a little more for Verizon as the service is the best but it's getting ridiculous now to hold on to UDP, and I fear it may still get worse. So have you stayed through the hike? Gone? Thinking of going? Why?

Just would love to hear some opinions as I know once I leave Verizon UDP there is no going back.
    08-16-2016 06:57 PM
    I just put my line back on contract so there wouldn't be a price hike.
    08-16-2016 07:09 PM
    Put line on contract to avoid hike? Did I miss something? I wasn't aware of a way around it.
    08-16-2016 07:37 PM
    Put line on contract to avoid hike? Did I miss something? I wasn't aware of a way around it.
    Only a thread with 12k+ posts...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=5333385
    08-16-2016 07:58 PM
    Same here. I pushed the upgrade as soon as it was available
    08-16-2016 07:58 PM
    Yeah going up to the date the articles were saying that it only impacted lines off contract so I put mine back on contract.
    08-16-2016 08:01 PM
    Yeah going up to the date the articles were saying that it only impacted lines off contract so I put mine back on contract.
    Well I feel stupid now, I have used the Best Buy trick before to get a discount on phones but didn't realize it could be used to avoid the price hike. Not that I've gotten the hike it's too late?
    08-17-2016 04:51 AM
    Well I feel stupid now, I have used the Best Buy trick before to get a discount on phones but didn't realize it could be used to avoid the price hike. Not that I've gotten the hike it's too late?
    Yes. Not one had been able to reverse the price hike.
    08-17-2016 07:34 AM
    I think a good amount stayed. I think that's why Verizon put in phase 3 to add an invisible cap to unlimited and force the big users off.
    08-17-2016 07:47 AM
    If you haven't gotten the hike then you need to finalize the upgrade before the end of your cycle.
    08-17-2016 08:12 AM
    I think a good amount stayed. I think that's why Verizon put in phase 3 to add an invisible cap to unlimited and force the big users off.
    We are the 1%! Maybe we should start a protesting campaign in front of Verizon corporate demanding that they leave unlimited data alone!
    08-17-2016 08:55 AM
    We are the 1%! Maybe we should start a protesting campaign in front of Verizon corporate demanding that they leave unlimited data alone!
    LOL ^_^.
    08-17-2016 08:56 AM
    Ok, yeah, I got put on contract free last year by getting some kind of international calling plan added. Also, since I honestly don't use that much data, they probably helped me out on that some, but no way am I giving up unlimited. My question is, since the contract was only for a year....will I be able to do something to cheap/free put my line back on contract again?
    08-17-2016 09:59 PM
    Make unlimited data great again.
    Channan likes this.
    08-17-2016 10:00 PM
    Ok, yeah, I got put on contract free last year by getting some kind of international calling plan added. Also, since I honestly don't use that much data, they probably helped me out on that some, but no way am I giving up unlimited. My question is, since the contract was only for a year....will I be able to do something to cheap/free put my line back on contract again?
    You can try to add something else to get you on contract or buy a cheap phone
    08-18-2016 08:06 AM
    Just so I understand, I am under contract with UDP until the middle of October 2016.

Is there a period where I can use the BB method to extend the UDP without coming off contract and getting the extra $20 charge? I didn't think you could upgrade until your contract was up but maybe that isn't true.
    08-18-2016 01:24 PM
    Just so I understand, I am under contract with UDP until the middle of October 2016.

Is there a period where I can use the BB method to extend the UDP without coming off contract and getting the extra $20 charge? I didn't think you could upgrade until your contract was up but maybe that isn't true.
    You can do a subsidized upgrade 7 days before the end of contract.

You need to go on contract before the end of the cycle in which your current contract expires to keep the $29.99 rate
    08-18-2016 02:32 PM
    You can do a subsidized upgrade 7 days before the end of contract.

You need to go on contract before the end of the cycle in which your current contract expires to keep the $29.99 rate
    Excellent, thanks for the info.
    08-18-2016 03:52 PM
    Well, hopefully they have another cheap/free option to add on that'll put me on contract, which I don't mind.
    08-18-2016 04:11 PM
    3 UDPs with the price hike and I stayed. Will keep it as long as I can.
    08-19-2016 04:28 PM
    I'm staying with Verizon until they kick me off unlimited. Even $50 is well worth it.
    08-27-2016 09:22 AM
    I never followed the BB method much because it said you had to be on a family plan. I'm on a single line plan, so this doesn't apply, right? Even though Verizon says I am upgrade eligible. Upgrade eligible gets me nothing, unless I move off UDP, correct?

You can try to add something else to get you on contract or buy a cheap phone
    Other than the BB method, to get a contract renewal, are these our choices?
    - wait for some insider to post a free promo (like last year's 100 free min./texts promo for 1-year contract renewal), or call and ask for free or low-priced promos?
    - ... [EDITED OUT Wrong info in case it confuses anyone.]
    08-27-2016 11:56 AM
    I never followed the BB method much because it said you had to be on a family plan. I'm on a single line plan, so this doesn't apply, right? Even though Verizon says I am upgrade eligible. Upgrade eligible gets me nothing, unless I move off UDP, correct?

Other than the BB method, to get a contract renewal, are these our choices?
    - wait for some insider to post a free promo (like last year's 100 free min./texts promo for 1-year contract renewal), or call and ask for free or low-priced promos?
    - buy a cheap phone (or any full-priced phone if that's what you want) (minimum as of today: $5/mo.)
    - add text plan if we don't already have one (minimum $10/mo.)
    BB method was for single lines. You can order a phone from best buy. Destroy the sim. Sell the phone. That will extend your contract. The phone can never go on your line or turned on with the toxic sim inside.
    jj2me likes this.
    08-27-2016 03:44 PM
    BB method was for single lines. You can order a phone from best buy. Destroy the sim. Sell the phone. That will extend your contract. The phone can never go on your line or turned on with the toxic sim inside.
    Thanks so much. I had no idea the BB method applied to single lines. I've started reading the humungous thread dpham00 linked, am up to page 15, and they're still only talking of the trick using a second dummy line.
    08-28-2016 09:12 AM
    Thanks so much. I had no idea the BB method applied to single lines. I've started reading the humungous thread dpham00 linked, am up to page 15, and they're still only talking of the trick using a second dummy line.
    Start at the end. The method changed after November. Many of the things in the beginning are out dated.
    jj2me likes this.
    08-28-2016 09:29 AM
26 12