T-Mobile upgrading some 10gb plans to Unlimited

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Saw this over on Slickdeals. Only applies if your get the text message. Valid until Feb 2019.

https://slickdeals.net/share/android_app/t/9086587

Here's the page you get directed to if you get the offer. Says at the bottom text messages between 9/7 and 9/9.

Unlimited Data | 4G LTE | Customer | T-Mobile
http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/enjoy...d=10451&cmpid=WTR_AF_Slickdeals+LLC&irgwc=1#2

I just joined in Dec 2015 so no idea if I will get the text, although someone on Slickdeals joined Nov 2015 and got it so who knows.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
And screwing people on Data Stash. Uncarrier.
How so? You wouldn't need it on unlimited and your account goes back to your current plan on March 1, 2019. So you would lose anything you have accrued so far and would have to start accruing again in March 2019.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
How so? You wouldn't need it on unlimited and your account goes back to your current plan on March 1, 2019. So you would lose anything you have accrued so far and would have to start accruing again in March 2019.

Unlimited (pre-ONE) comes with 14GB SMHS and Stash in its most recent incarnation was 20GB bankable, right? Grandfathered Stash customers could bank >20 and have it apply to their SMHS limit as well. Ergo, screwed.

And it's irreversible as of now.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Unlimited (pre-ONE) comes with 14GB SMHS and Stash in its most recent incarnation was 20GB bankable, right? Grandfathered Stash customers could bank >20 and have it apply to their SMHS limit as well. Ergo, screwed.

And it's irreversible as of now.
Well I guess if you have a grandfathered 10GB plan and get the text, you shouldn't accept. Simple enough.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Well I guess if you have a grandfathered 10GB plan and get the text, you shouldn't accept. Simple enough.

That's the Uncarrier beauty of it--there's no option to decline; if you're one of the people targeted, you're forced into this, "no action required!"

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's the Uncarrier beauty of it--there's no option to decline; if you're one of the people targeted, you're forced into this, "no action required!"
I'll have to agree with raino here. It should be a choice.. Not change automatically.

If they changed me off my plan I'd change carrier. Telling me I can keep my existing then force swapping me? Definitely not cool.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I got the Sms too and I'm fine with it. After 2019 I'll just be reverted back to my current plan. I have 10gb per line and never go I've so I'll be back at having a data stash in no time.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Here is the splash page for it. It seems it is only good for 2 years then you go back to what you had? Very odd.

Attachments

• tmounlplanswitch.png
    tmounlplanswitch.png
    254.5 KB · Views: 56

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I still don't understand how anyone would need the stash or how it goes away later. From the link:

"Then starting on March 1, 2019, we’ll simply switch your line back to your original plan– no hassle to you."

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure it is trying to get people used to unlimited and hopefully getting them to switch to the One Plan at that time.

Yeah it is just a kind of crappy move. You basically snatch back all the data stash to give unlimited to those who may not want it -- and then 2 years later you swap them back to what they had? Why not ask them?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it is just a kind of crappy move. You basically snatch back all the data stash to give unlimited to those who may not want it -- and then 2 years later you swap them back to what they had? Why not ask them?
But you should get data stash back, that is part of the original plan.

I'm wondering about that tethering.. It says your tethering doesn't change. My tethering is unlimited since I had a tiered plan.

This is very similar to what they did for everyone at Christmas time, gave everyone free unlimited for 3 months, no tethering limit, then back to their original plan.

They really want everyone on that One Plan and for many that get close to their limit, this might be a good push for them. Totally marketing IMO, unlike the Christmas plan was.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering about that tethering.. It says your tethering doesn't change. My tethering is unlimited since I had a tiered plan.

Unlimited since you had a tiered plan? I don't get what you mean. You had tethering up to the limit of your tiered plan unless you paid for more.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I could tether as much as I wanted. Even with a tiered plan, you has unlimited data, it was just slow after you used all the data you had, including the stash.

That is their "no overages" deal. You still had data after that, just really slow and impossible to use. This is unlimited 4G.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I could tether as much as I wanted. Even with a tiered plan, you has unlimited data, it was just slow after you used all the data you had, including the stash.

That is their "no overages" deal. You still had data after that, just really slow and impossible to use.

Yeah .. I don't count that as unlimited as you couldn't do anything on it with that speed except web browse. ^_^

Bianca Horkan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I got the text this morning as well... My husband did not. We've only been customers for about a year.

I'm curious if it's for those who tend to stream more...but that doesn't make sense.

The majority of my 4G streaming is YouTube at lunch every now and then.

The rest of my streaming is over wifi.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar