Simple choice unlimited north america plan - is it going away for everyone?

chocolateyum

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I've got the simple choice unlimited north America family plan. What I love about it is that I get HD tethering up to 14 GB per device (and the price). They aren't going to get rid of that plan and force me onto another one are they?

I read they were phasing out the plan but didn't know if that meant current customers too.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
re:

I've got the simple choice unlimited north America family plan. What I love about it is that I get HD tethering up to 14 GB per device (and the price). They aren't going to get rid of that plan and force me onto another one are they?

I read they were phasing out the plan but didn't know if that meant current customers too.

They've already phased out most of the plans... but that's only for new customers or customers looking to get a different plan. People on older plans are grandfathered in.... I'm on the 2 unlimited lines for $100 that they had for a short time, and I don't plan on moving off anytime soon.

Now, T-Mobile could go through and force people on the grandfathered plans to pick either one of the new One plans or the lower data ones, but they haven't done that at all yet.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
re:

While we don't know entirely what T-Mobile will do, in the past they have always "grandfathered" in older plans. Which means if you have it, you can keep it as long as you want, BUT it will no longer be offered to new customers, OR to customers who change their plans. As long as you generally buy your phones outright, or plan to keep your existing phones you should be fine.

HOWEVER if you take them up on a deal, often (although not always) it will require a plan change. For example, currently they are running promotions involving the iPhone 7 that require you to "upgrade" to the T-Mobile One plan in order to receive the promo pricing.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re:

They've already phased out most of the plans... but that's only for new customers or customers looking to get a different plan. People on older plans are grandfathered in.... I'm on the 2 unlimited lines for $100 that they had for a short time, and I don't plan on moving off anytime soon.

Now, T-Mobile could go through and force people on the grandfathered plans to pick either one of the new One plans or the lower data ones, but they haven't done that at all yet.

While we don't know entirely what T-Mobile will do, in the past they have always "grandfathered" in older plans. Which means if you have it, you can keep it as long as you want, BUT it will no longer be offered to new customers, OR to customers who change their plans. As long as you generally buy your phones outright, or plan to keep your existing phones you should be fine.

HOWEVER if you take them up on a deal, often (although not always) it will require a plan change. For example, currently they are running promotions involving the iPhone 7 that require you to "upgrade" to the T-Mobile One plan in order to receive the promo pricing.

Combined for "best answer"

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re:

This.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma