Still on 5.1.1

gm_mike

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I brought a Galaxy S6 AT&T unlocked phone and put cricket service on it. Not sure if this is the right section for it but I'm still stuck on 5.1.1. I had the phone for awhile now and been checking to see everyday to see if there any updates but none. Does anyone know when 6.0 is going to be available on my phone?

gm_mike

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I already downloaded Smart Switch on my laptop. I used it a couple times but it tells me I'm already on the latest software also. About using ODIN I'm not completely comfortable using it yet.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could also try bringing it to your local Best Buy (if there is one) and ask the Samsung rep there to flash the latest update, if they can. A last resort that would cost a few bucks would be to buy prepaid SIM from AT&T and just use it for that month, to allow you to access the update on the AT&T servers.

gm_mike

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Will a sim card from a t-mobile phone work? I can borrow it from my mom's phone to see if that will work. If not I'll try Best Buy tomorrow.

gm_mike

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
So even though the service is through cricket I still have to use a AT&T sim card? Because right now I have a cricket sim in it right now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What I mentioned before is that a carrier-specific phone (your phone was originally an AT&T phone) usually has to be on that carrier's network in order to get the official OTA update. That means you have to be on AT&T. I don't think using an MVNO that uses AT&T's towers counts as the same thing.

mike568

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
You should be on build number MMB29K.G920AUCS5DPI1. You should have wifi calling and advance texting. I am not sure if they will work since it isn't ATT postpaid account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon