I just got a brand new galaxy s7 edge that I think I'm going to sell, should I remove the sim card before doing so? Is anything linked to me and the sim, also what will the person who buys the phone have to do? Thanks in advance guys
    02-15-2017 10:36 AM
    You should definitely remove the SIM card. That's your number linked to it, unless you can get Verizon to un-link it. If you've saved any data to it (Contacts, usually), then you need to remove them from the SIM card storage as well.

If you're to sell your phone, make sure you wipe it clean (factory reset) or any data or information you've set it up with will still be there up for grabs. If you factory reset the device before you sell it, then the new user wouldn't have to do anything else, just set it up with their account.
    02-15-2017 10:52 AM
    You should definitely remove the SIM card. That's your number linked to it, unless you can get Verizon to un-link it. If you've saved any data to it (Contacts, usually), then you need to remove them from the SIM card storage as well.

If you're to sell your phone, make sure you wipe it clean (factory reset) or any data or information you've set it up with will still be there up for grabs. If you factory reset the device before you sell it, then the new user wouldn't have to do anything else, just set it up with their account.
    Sounds good man thanks. I actually never even set the phone up, when you turn it on its on the setup wizard... So I'll just remove the sim.
    02-15-2017 11:03 AM
    Good, that means the phone is already 'reset'! Now, usually they wouldn't need the SIM, but if you never used it and Verizon never activated it with your number, then it doesn't matter whether you leave it in or not. (But if you're not sure if the SIM is linked to your number, better be safe than sorry and remove it).
    Harry Dunn likes this.
    02-15-2017 12:58 PM