New Unlimited data question

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
yes, I switched yesterday.

This is from the fine print. Pretty much all unlimited plans allow 22 GB (varies per carrier) per line before doing congestion-based throttling.

"AT&T Unlimited Plan: Data Restrictions: After 22GB of data usage on a line in a bill cycle, AT&T may slow the data on that line during periods of network congestion for the remainder of that cycle."

As you can see they say once that specific line goes over then the congestion based is only for them (not the whole account) :).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's what I read too, but it shows shared data on my account. They will probably say oh it was a misprint, knowing Afee&fee :)

Yeah they do that. My buddy on AT&T said it clumps it together. Even though it does no worries on the congestion throttle -- it won't happen till you hit over 22 GB :).

cleankutazn

May 19, 2013
Visit site
The thing that worries me is that I have 4 lines on it now. I had the old unlimited plan myself and used an average 30 gb per month because my work has no wifi.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The thing that worries me is that I have 4 lines on it now. I had the old unlimited plan myself and used an average 30 gb per month because my work has no wifi.

You should be fine. My buddy that has the AT&T one said he doesn't notice any crazy throttle after 22 GB unless downtown or somewhere that is heavy with users.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
You should be fine. My buddy that has the AT&T one said he doesn't notice any crazy throttle after 22 GB unless downtown or somewhere that is heavy with users.
I am still under the impression it is 22GB per line though. I feel like that could lead to a lawsuit to have it worded as such but not fulfill as such.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am still under the impression it is 22GB per line though. I feel like that could lead to a lawsuit to have it worded as such but not fulfill as such.
It is per line. I showed the fine print a few posts up. They specifically state per line.

cleankutazn

May 19, 2013
Visit site

That is true, I've always gone over 22GB and don't notice any throttling. I'm wondering what speeds do they supposed throtlle at now. A few years ago the throttle was horrible, it was just like 56k dial up speeds :(

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I want one or two lines with Verizons new udp and one with each of the others. Am I crazy? Lol
I have 2 lines on Verizon. I have a DPP on each line with the UDP. With the $10 discount for auto pay my bill will run about $215. It's crazy expensive. I should have went with T-Mobile when I switched from AT&T a few months ago.