Is Tethering allowed on MintSIM?

iharley

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I asked their tech support about that before I signed up. Their words were something to the effect of it's not supported, but it's not disallowed. If your phone allows it you could use it, but they won't help with any issues you might have.

rkcougars

May 25, 2017
Visit site
Quick Q: Is tethering allowed on MintSIM?

Mobile Hotspot is, and works great, although usually only at 5 Mbps on par with T-Mobile Ones 3G hot spotting. They do not support tethering via USB.

Here is a YouTube review that is consistent with my experience.
https://youtu.be/6YMbNKHKZwU

Overall I have really enjoyed Mintsim and will continue to have them as my service provider for at least a few years, unless a better deal comes along.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170708-104740.jpg
    Screenshot_20170708-104740.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 16

jj2me

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Quick Q: Is tethering allowed on MintSIM?

No, per this MintSIM Acceptable Use Policy page:

"A non-exhaustive list of examples of illegal, improper or inappropriate uses of our Service includes:

[...]

9. Use of your Mint SIM device as a modem, or tethering your Mint SIM device to a personal computer or other hardware."​

Though maybe iharley's post from April '17 still holds as their real-life policy, that they don't really disallow it, but just won't supply support for it.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
They for sure allow mobile hotspot they advertise it with the plan descriptions. Here's my plan......

12 MONTH, 10GB PLAN – SIM KIT
$25.00/mo
12 month prepaid phone plan
Unlimited talk, text, and data delivered on the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G LTE network
10GB of 4G LTE data per month; speeds reduce after monthly allowance is used. Check out our FAQs for more information on monthly data.
Prepaid SIM card includes standard, micro and nano sizes for that perfect, Cinderella-like fit
Smartphone Mobile HotSpot (SMHS); turn your device into a WiFi hotspot
With our BYOP program, bring your own unlocked GSM phone (you love it, cracks and all)
C’mon, aren’t you dying to use the phone plan with a cute little fox on everything?
Long story short: we offer awesome wireless service at the lowest monthly price. Period.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad