My line is still on legacy UDP. It is still in a 2-year contract for a least another year and half.

I want to add the hotspot feature to that line for $30/month. If I add it today and remove it in a couple of weeks, will that cause me to lose my legacy UDP? Going to an area with no wifi available at the hotels, but Verizon signal still a solid 4-bar.

Just wondering... thanks!
    03-21-2017 01:44 PM
    My line is still on legacy UDP. It is still in a 2-year contract for a least another year and half.

I want to add the hotspot feature to that line for $30/month. If I add it today and remove it in a couple of weeks, will that cause me to lose my legacy UDP?

Just wondering... thanks!
    No. It shouldn't.
    03-21-2017 01:45 PM
    No. It shouldn't.
    Thought I read that unlimited Hotspot was taken away, if you drop it, it is gone. Is this correct?
    03-21-2017 06:49 PM
    Thought I read that unlimited Hotspot was taken away, if you drop it, it is gone. Is this correct?
    Where did you read that?
    03-21-2017 06:52 PM
    Where did you read that?
    I don't know, thought on the forums. I'm going to Google it. I'll let you know
    03-21-2017 06:53 PM
    It is still there.
    03-21-2017 07:00 PM
    Absolutely, looking forward to giving and getting some G6 love!
    03-21-2017 07:02 PM
    It is still there.
    Must be, I can't find any info on it. I could swear I read on a post that Verizon is taking the unlimited 4g Hotspot away when your contracts are up or you dropped it.

Must have misread it
    03-21-2017 07:39 PM
    Must be, I can't find any info on it. I could swear I read on a post that Verizon is taking the unlimited 4g Hotspot away when your contracts are up or you dropped it.

Must have misread it
    no.. you didn't misread it... I read about it on Verizon's own forum, XDA, HowardForums, as well as that "other" Android forum... however, I can' confirm the reports.

However, I did read one confirmed case where someone activated the $30/month hotspot on an Android phone, took the SIM out, put it in an iPhone 7, then a month later, removed the hotspot featuer... only to find legacy UDP mysteriously disappear from his account. He called Verizon dozens of times and was never able to get them to put legacy UDP back on the line.
    03-21-2017 09:15 PM
    no.. you didn't misread it... I read about it on Verizon's own forum, XDA, HowardForums, as well as that "other" Android forum... however, I can' confirm the reports.

However, I did read one confirmed case where someone activated the $30/month hotspot on an Android phone, took the SIM out, put it in an iPhone 7, then a month later, removed the hotspot featuer... only to find legacy UDP mysteriously disappear from his account. He called Verizon dozens of times and was never able to get them to put legacy UDP back on the line.
    Well thanks for confirming I'm not going crazy. LOL
    03-21-2017 09:16 PM
    I add on and remove mhs all the time and you are charged for the days used.

I did read about some people not being able to add it... Don't know why that is. But if you must have it then i would suggest that you leave it on all the time.
    Ry likes this.
    03-22-2017 10:30 AM
    I add on and remove mhs all the time and you are charged for the days used.

I did read about some people not being able to add it... Don't know why that is. But if you must have it then i would suggest that you leave it on all the time.
    Is it still in the same place as before in the My Verizon app?
    03-22-2017 08:18 PM
    Is it still in the same place as before in the My Verizon app?
    Yeah same place in the app
    03-22-2017 08:52 PM