Data allotment on "OLD" unlimited vs "NEW Unlimited" Plan

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I pay roughly $500 a month plus for my line and three other lines (Wife and parents). I have the old Unlimited Plan and personally use between 40 and 90 gigs of data per month. Is there any difference in the way data is allotted between the old Unlimited Plan and now this new Unlimited Plan Verizon just rolled out? I live in a small Midwestern town and crazy traffic on the cell tower is a rarity but it does happen time to time. Can anybody answer indepth about this question?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I pay roughly $500 a month plus for my line and three other lines (Wife and parents). I have the old Unlimited Plan and personally use between 40 and 90 gigs of data per month. Is there any difference in the way data is allotted between the old Unlimited Plan and now this new Unlimited Plan Verizon just rolled out? I live in a small Midwestern town and crazy traffic on the cell tower is a rarity but it does happen time to time. Can anybody answer indepth about this question?

The old unlimited plan currently allows around 200 GB of usage. If you keep going over that they may disconnect you. No one really knows when that will change since Verizon can do it whenever.

The new unlimited plan is unlimited but during congestion you will be slowed down if you are over 22 GB (per line) in a cycle. If there is no congestion then there is no slow down.

No one can really answer if you will see congestion as it varies from place to place.

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
The old unlimited plan currently allows around 200 GB of usage. If you keep going over that they may disconnect you. No one really knows when that will change since Verizon can do it whenever.

The new unlimited plan is unlimited but during congestion you will be slowed down if you are over 22 GB (per line) in a cycle. If there is no congestion then there is no slow down.

No one can really answer if you will see congestion as it varies from place to place.
Perfect! If you were me and on the old Unlimited plan would you switch to the new Unlimited Plan for a substantial cost savings? That's if all things being equal

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
This is what I'm looking at
cd811160b2d1e5ddbd797b29e00bb6e7.jpg

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Like I said my big thing is the data I consume monthly being the owner of a small business. I take a insane amount of videos and pics for my business. I also travel across the country and world so being throttled at 22GB isn't my cup of tea if I'm in Seattle or Miami, NYC, etc

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Perfect! If you were me and on the old Unlimited plan would you switch to the new Unlimited Plan for a substantial cost savings? That's if all things being equal

I personally would since that is an extremely high bill you have. Even if I had to deal with some congestion (if it was horrid I wouldn't but if you expect little congestion) I would because that out weighs the massive cost.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Data allotment on "OLD" unlimited vs "NEW Unlimited" Plan

The old nationwide plan that you are on allows for friends and family... You can add ten numbers that you frequently call to the list and lower to the 2100 minute plan which will drop your bill significantly. What I did was look through my bill for a few months and see what numbers i used the most minutes on and put them on f&f. But if f&f and 2100 anytime minutes don't work then you might want to switch to the new plan.

As for whether or not it is worth it, the biggest differences are the network optimization over 22 gb and 10gb high speed hotspot,512kbps after.

The other thing you can do is to move your line to an individual plan then move the other lines to a new plan.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech